B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Ruling From The Tomb
A -- Excellent 1 9.09%
B -- Good 4 36.36%
C -- Average 3 27.27%
D -- Poor 2 18.18%
F -- Failure 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 16th 07, 18:27   #11
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Re: EpDis: Crusade: Ruling From The Tomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcD View Post
Is the other one Each Night I Dream of Home? I thought that episode had been re-edited to gloss over it (People keep mentioning this, but I've never noticed that they meet for the first time twice - in fact Gideon's first words to Lochley are 'good to see you again Captain', and we can probably assume that her being injured is the only reason they don't make a beeline for the nearest shower).
Hmmm...I don't recall a change of dialogue. I just know in the episode on Mars they meet for the first time, and he doesn't know her when he picks her damaged ship up. When or where was this edit done? On SciFi airing, on the DVD set?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th 07, 18:38   #12
Jan
Psi Cop

The line where he's greeting Lochley in Medlab was looped before the episode ever aired. You'll notice that you can't see Gideon's face at all as he speaks the 'Good to see you again' line. It's slightly telltale after he invites her to dinner in is quarters when she asks him if he'll be serving anything bigger than her head and he says "Not of a first date".

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th 07, 18:45   #13
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
The line where he's greeting Lochley in Medlab was looped before the episode ever aired. You'll notice that you can't see Gideon's face at all as he speaks the 'Good to see you again' line. It's slightly telltale after he invites her to dinner in is quarters when she asks him if he'll be serving anything bigger than her head and he says "Not of a first date".

Jan
I guess I'll need to watch the eps again, but, what I remember it seems very obvious they didn't know each other in either episode. Don't they actually introduce themselves to each other in both episodes?

Old July 16th 07, 18:59   #14
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcD View Post
Is the other one Each Night I Dream of Home? I thought that episode had been re-edited to gloss over it (People keep mentioning this, but I've never noticed that they meet for the first time twice - in fact Gideon's first words to Lochley are 'good to see you again Captain', .....
That's the looped line.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th 07, 19:02   #15
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindatur View Post
I guess I'll need to watch the eps again, but, what I remember it seems very obvious they didn't know each other in either episode.
The looped line in Each Night I Dream of Home establishes that they have met before.

Quote:
Don't they actually introduce themselves to each other in both episodes?
No, not in what we were shown in the produced episodes.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th 07, 21:56   #16
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
The looped line in Each Night I Dream of Home establishes that they have met before.
I just verified the looping in Each Night. In every copy of the script that I have (first Draft-8/3/98, Final Draft-8/19/98 and shooting script-through Blue Revisions 9/9/98) Gideon and Lochley introduce themselves.

I knew hanging on to these early drafts would come in handy!

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Old July 16th 07, 22:23   #17
RMcD
First One

Yeah, I thought that might be a loop.

I found one of the things JMS mentioned on one of the commentary tracks pretty scary - that after the hiatus in production and the uniform change there was some kind of debate with TNT as to whether the 5 grey suit episodes should actually go through post and be completed at all.. <shivers>
RMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th 07, 22:27   #18
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
I just verified the looping in Each Night. In every copy of the script that I have (first Draft-8/3/98, Final Draft-8/19/98 and shooting script-through Blue Revisions 9/9/98) Gideon and Lochley introduce themselves.

I knew hanging on to these early drafts would come in handy!

Jan
So, I did remember correctly, they introduce themselves to each other in both episodes, afterall?

Old July 16th 07, 22:41   #19
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
So, I did remember correctly, they introduce themselves to each other in both episodes, afterall?
No, not in the versions that were aired. As I mentioned earlier, in the final, aired version Gideon is looped saying that it's good to see Lochley again as he walks into her room in the Medbay. His back is toward the camera and you can't see his face at all.

In the *script* if 'Each Night I Dream of Home', they introduce themselves. That part was cut in the aired episode.

Jan
Old July 16th 07, 22:55   #20
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
No, not in the versions that were aired. As I mentioned earlier, in the final, aired version Gideon is looped saying that it's good to see Lochley again as he walks into her room in the Medbay. His back is toward the camera and you can't see his face at all.

In the *script* if 'Each Night I Dream of Home', they introduce themselves. That part was cut in the aired episode.

Jan

This is so bizarre, I've never seen the scripts, yet, I clearly remember it. I really gotta rewatch to ease my mind