B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Visitors From Down The Street
A -- Excellent 3 21.43%
B -- Good 4 28.57%
C -- Average 4 28.57%
D -- Poor 2 14.29%
F -- Failure 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 26th 07, 23:04   #1
vacantlook

EpDis: Crusade: Visitors From Down The Street

Lurker's Guide page for Visitors From Down The Street
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th 07, 19:49   #2
KoshN

Re: EpDis: Crusade: Visitors From Down The Street

I gave this an 'A' because even though I disliked the alien head prosthetics and the blatant X-Files accouterments, I liked the writing and the performances. There are lots of great quotes in this episode. Overall, at the end, I find I'm very much pleased with this episode.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."

Last edited by KoshN; May 27th 07 at 19:52.
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th 07, 09:39   #3
Ranger1
Telepath

gave it an A it's a great episode, admittedly it is one giant cliché, but sometimes they are fun, as in this case.

"when ejaculating, it is considered gentlemanly to avoid the eyes"

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
Ranger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th 07, 18:17   #4
Clark Kent
Lurker

An average adventure that paid too much of an homage to X-Files, which got a little heavy handed.
Clark Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th 15, 14:23   #5
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

Well, that was weird … But, it’s kind of cute.

Although I agree with KoshN that the alien head prosthetics weren’t so great, I think the costume department still did a great job on this episode, because I could tell that those two aliens were supposed to be Mulder and Scully before anyone even said anything.

This sort of joke/homage episode seems like something you would see on a show in a later season, it seems kind of risky to do something like that pretty early in season 1. But, as I said, it’s kind of cute. I laughed pretty hard when the alien Mulder pulled out that picture of their version of Roswell with the cute smiling human waving hello. I don’t think this sort of thing would have worked on Babylon 5, but the tone of Crusade is clearly very different and it works here.

On the actual X Files, Mulder and Scully are always a team. This was more the Mulder show with Scully as a sidekick. I guess the budget only allowed for one actor with a lot of lines, not two …

I again liked the little bit of background information about telepaths and the new post-Psi Corps rules that we get from the dialog between the Captain and Matheson.