B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: The Fall Of Night
A -- Excellent 22 75.86%
B -- Good 7 24.14%
C -- Average 0 0%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 28th 05, 01:14   #21
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Re: EpDis: Dust To Dust

*takes a bow*

Exactly, good sir.
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th 05, 14:10   #22
GKarsEye
First One

Episodes like this one make me laugh whenever anyone tries to compare any other serial sci-fi TV show to B5.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th 05, 14:53   #23
RW7427

There IS none.
RW7427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th 05, 17:33   #24
Boxie
Telepath

Send a message via MSN to Boxie Send a message via Yahoo to Boxie

Quote:
Episodes like this one make me laugh whenever anyone tries to compare any other serial sci-fi TV show to B5.
Isn't that the truth!
Boxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th 05, 13:03   #25
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

[Firefly loyalist] If we'd just had a little more time...! [/Firefly loyalist]

[sound of Firefly loyalist being smacked]

Yeah, it's fair. B5 did it biggest and best.
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th 06, 00:35   #26
Lousy_Dodgers
Commander

Quote:
And episodic sci-fi shows for that matter.

My one quibble with the show was that G'Kar's sentencing at the end seemed a bit light for the crime involved. Granted, I did not expect him to get spaced or anything but the 60-day sentence (if I remember it correctly) just seems disproportionate for one who used an illegal substance and then assaulted two people. Perhaps there is an explanation in the sense that space is a premium on B5 and you cannot simply lock people up for years on end since the cost would be astronomical (sorry for that pun).

And yes, the pinata line is one of the classics.
Lousy_Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th 06, 01:53   #27
Joseph DeMartino

JMS has said that neither the Narn nor the Centauri ever rose to the status of First Ones, but that they didn't become extinct, at least within the compass of the period he outlined (which extends a million years into the future.) Kosh's line refers to both ot them. They are declining, or at least stagnating.

Of course, once the Drakh are gone the endless Narn-Centauri conflict does come to an end. The Centauri become a very different people after they suffer decades of occupation, have most of their old political class wiped out and come under the enlightened rule of Vir Coto. They and the Narn may never completely overcome their mutual hatred, and therefore never advance as the Humans and Minbari do, but they don't have to act on it. That's another lesson to be taken from B5 and from history, especially given the current world situation. Catholics and Protestants are no closer on matters of doctrine now than they were when Luther published his 95 theses, but they don't go around burning one another at the stake anymore.

Regards,

Joe
Joseph DeMartino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th 06, 15:40   #28
Lousy_Dodgers
Commander

Quote:
JMS has said that neither the Narn nor the Centauri ever rose to the status of First Ones, but that they didn't become extinct, at least within the compass of the period he outlined (which extends a million years into the future.) Kosh's line refers to both ot them. They are declining, or at least stagnating.
I have read that same commentary from JMS and it leads me to ask one more question: Do the Narn and Centauri go beyond the rim anyway? They may not reach the status of First Ones in terms of evolution but if their civilizations do not vanish, they would become rather powerful technologically. If they remained, their presence might hinder the opportunities for younger races to develop...or perhaps they reach an agreement with the humans and Minbari to pull back to their home systems and withdraw from interstellar affairs.
Old August 17th 06, 15:46   #29
hypatia
First One

That agreement would be impossible to enforce once the Humans and Minbari went beyond the rim, though.
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th 06, 15:53   #30
Lousy_Dodgers
Commander

Quote:
That agreement would be impossible to enforce once the Humans and Minbari went beyond the rim, though.
True, but at least as of one million years from now, the humans were still around and on their way to the Vorlon homeworld. Maybe when the humans finally leave, they will throw the Narn and the Centauri in the backseat--metaphorically anyway--and take them along.