B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: The Illusion Of Truth
A -- Excellent 14 70.00%
B -- Good 6 30.00%
C -- Average 0 0%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 4th 06, 15:54   #21
GKarsEye
First One

Re: EpDis: Moments Of Transition

Quote:
Quote:
he had this moment as an option for actually killing off Delenn
I'm sitting here trying to imagine the rest of this story without Delenn.... I can't do it.
The rest of the story, when you think about it, doesn't actually need Delenn. The main plot lines left after this were the conclusion of the Earth civil war, the telepath colony crisis, and the fall of the Centauri. The only important thing Delenn was involved with was the formation of the Interstellar Alliance. However, it was implied that even that was planned along with Sheridan, so Delenn wasn't really that important afterwards.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th 08, 00:58   #22
Elipsis
Commander

An A for the Minbari civil war sequence and also for the intense ending decision. Lyta really gets the shaft here, and Garibaldi heads even farther down a dark road, it's a pretty strong episode emotionally.
Elipsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th 10, 20:46   #23
Estelyn
Commander

I agree, this episode is very emotional, very gripping. There are so many things going on simultaneously, yet the threads are skilfully intertwined without getting tangled.

Garibaldi is being played without realizing it. He thinks he's working independently, but this episode shows us that Edgars and PsiCorps are working together. Lyta is the one who obviously suffers as a result - her tears when putting on the PsiCorps symbols are heart-wrenching.

The "Mr. Adams" client is actually Scott Adams, the "Dilbert" cartoonist. I find it very amusing, a comical moment that combines his real person with his cartoons (Dogbert and Catbert, anyone?!) yet fits into the B5 world. Apparently he's been a fan of the show all along.

Zack has developed very well, grown into his responsibility. He accepts the unpleasant jobs that go with his position and carries through with them. It's nice to see the growing friendship between him and Lyta; he wishes for something more, obviously, and she's grateful for some kindness after being rejected by so many others.

Ah, and Bester again - wonderfully devious, skilfully achieving his purposes...

The Minbar plot is the most important, of course, with far-reaching effects on the future. We see a very strongly contrasting attitude on the part of the leaders of the religious and warrior castes. Shakiri doesn't care about individuals, especially not for those of his people who are not of his caste, claims to regard death and life as equal, but when it comes to putting his money where his mouth is, he fails completely.

This episode shows Neroon's true colours after the last one ended with him looking like a traitor. He is the hero of the day, and with his "death-bed conversion" gives Delenn the necessary power to reunite their people. He has learned to see clearly, with wisdom. It is a shame to lose him though...

As for Delenn, she does what we've seen Sinclair and Sheridan do before - beating them by the book. Since Shakiri reverts to the old ways, pre-Valen, she goes all the way and challenges him. Her courage and willingness to sacrifice herself for the good of her people - the whole people - is deeply moving. And her decision to give the working caste more power in the rebuilt Council shows great wisdom.

The question arises - who is to be "The One", who will stand in the middle of the circle? I'm betting on David Sheridan, since John and Delenn's child is supposed to have a special role in the future.

Minbar has achieved peace - but Earth is now heading for war. The inhumane actions - paralleling the attitude of Shakiri and the warrior caste - no longer allow Sheridan, Ivanova and the rest to wait.
Old February 26th 15, 00:58   #24
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

I really like this episode. I'm a big fan of the Minbari civil war storyline, but everything else in this episode is high quality stuff as well.

I'm assuming the reason Delenn didn't include Lennier in her plotting with Neroon is that she knew he would have tried to stop her from sacrificing herself in the Starfire wheel. She told Neroon she would step out after Shakiri did, and he apparently believed her. Lennier never would have believed her. Incidentally whose honor was she protecting by telling that particular lie? She gave Lennier her instructions right before she stepped into the wheel so there wasn't time for him to figure out what she was planning, or to do anything about it. It's interesting that Delenn knew beforehand that Shakiri would step out of the fire. I guess Neroon told her, based on what he knew of Shakiri's character. And, from what we see here, it's kind of a mystery to me how this guy ended up a warrior caste leader.

It's sad there will be no more Neroon, but it was a fitting end for him. Perhaps his last minute conversion was a tad on the dramatic side, but I suppose he was in a great deal of pain while he stood there yelling about how the calling of his heart was religious. And, it fixed everything.

Mr. Bester, like Marcus has a thing for 19th century literature, it would appear. Any story with Bester is interesting. This one is no exception. I'm kind of interested to know how Lyta can tell when Bester is scanning Garibaldi. Obviously, since she's been "enhanced" by the Vorlons she has all kinds of talents we know nothing about, but .. how? Wouldn't she have to be in Garibaldi's head herself to see someone else poking around in there? Or would Bester's presence in Garibaldi's mind disturb the "background noise" to a sufficient extent that she'd be able to tell immediately?

It's sad seeing Lyta get screwed over by everyone. Her job is indeed a thankless one. Can't get a job, and now forced to move to smaller quarters. That scene at the end where she's looking in the mirror, with her new psi corps badge, putting on her gloves is heartbreaking indeed.

Exciting stuff at the end, the war against Earth is on!
Lennier's Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th 15, 17:11   #25
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennier's Tears View Post
She told Neroon she would step out after Shakiri did, and he apparently believed her. Lennier never would have believed her. Incidentally whose honor was she protecting by telling that particular lie?
Neroon's in a way, I think. She had to deceive him because otherwise, as a member of the Warrior Caste, it could have been said that he'd helped engineer her death. That's what I've always thought, anyway.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th 15, 18:00   #26
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

Yea, that seems plausible enough to me
Lennier's Tears is offline   Reply With Quote