B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: The Illusion Of Truth
A -- Excellent 14 70.00%
B -- Good 6 30.00%
C -- Average 0 0%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 25th 06, 01:51   #11
hypatia
First One

Re: EpDis: Moments Of Transition

Ah, so it was all done so that Delenn could pick the next council. Actually that does make sense. Especially since Neroon had a lot to do with the starting of the civil war in the first place. It was a way to both redeem himself and to allow the plan to go forward.

I need to rewatch these episodes some day.

Quote:
Also remember who Neroon's old boss was. Branmer. The one who went from Religious to Warrior back before the Minbari War, and whose remains are at the center of "Legacies."

Neroon completes the circle.
And that is a nice touch that completely escaped me. But that's another part of Minbari thinking: restoring balance and completing circles.
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th 06, 15:25   #12
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Considering that Neroon was actually on Delenn's side the entire time, he had already taken a big step towards redemption, I think. Dying nobly always gets you redemption points, though.
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th 06, 16:41   #13
hypatia
First One

Now, remind me: wasn't it Delenn who basically screwed up the plan by deciding to sacrifice herself? In a way, can't you say she unwittingly helped to kill him?

Well, I can say it was a surprise, it was sad to see such a good character go, but in the end I was surprised B5 managed to hang onto as many regulars as it did.
Old June 25th 06, 18:42   #14
fisheggs
Techno-mage

Quote:
Now, remind me: wasn't it Delenn who basically screwed up the plan by deciding to sacrifice herself? In a way, can't you say she unwittingly helped to kill him?

Well, I can say it was a surprise, it was sad to see such a good character go, but in the end I was surprised B5 managed to hang onto as many regulars as it did.

Now tell me true, who do you want to go on, plotwise, Dalenn or Neroon? Though it could have been a really big plot-twist: Sheridan and Neroon gt married and have a child.
fisheggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th 06, 18:44   #15
hypatia
First One

Who said it was either one or the other? They'd come to an agreement, after all, that might have worked.

But yes, this made great drama.
Old June 25th 06, 18:50   #16
fisheggs
Techno-mage

Sorry kiddo, The Caste who's champion DIED, not lasted longest, was the "old rule" which Delenn was basing her challenge on, pre-Valen. Somebody had to die and she was aware of that, thus her letter to lennier.
fisheggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th 06, 18:54   #17
hypatia
First One

Ah, that was the detail I couldn't remember.

So it did have a purpose.

I really need to buy and watch the entire series again some day. It's been too many years.
Old June 25th 06, 19:15   #18
vacantlook

I don't remember where or when, but I remember sometime ago reading something that seemed to be saying that with jms having all sorts of potential trap doors for characters should he come upon a real life situation that required him to remove characters from the story that this event was one he had in case he needed it for Delenn. That if for some reason he couldn't continue the Delenn character for one reason or another that he had this moment as an option for actually killing off Delenn and full-time bringing on Neroon to replace her in the character lineup for the show. Again, I don't remember where I read that though.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th 06, 02:43   #19
Boxie
Telepath

Send a message via MSN to Boxie Send a message via Yahoo to Boxie

Quote:
he had this moment as an option for actually killing off Delenn
I'm sitting here trying to imagine the rest of this story without Delenn.... I can't do it.
Boxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th 06, 16:18   #20
babylon1122
Ambassador

Quote:
I don't remember where or when, but I remember sometime ago reading something that seemed to be saying that with jms having all sorts of potential trap doors for characters should he come upon a real life situation that required him to remove characters from the story that this event was one he had in case he needed it for Delenn. That if for some reason he couldn't continue the Delenn character for one reason or another that he had this moment as an option for actually killing off Delenn and full-time bringing on Neroon to replace her in the character lineup for the show. Again, I don't remember where I read that though.

I know it was written in one of the script volumns. Which one I can't remember. 6 or 7
babylon1122 is offline   Reply With Quote