B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Ceremonies Of Light And Dark
A -- Excellent 25 86.21%
B -- Good 4 13.79%
C -- Average 0 0%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 20th 06, 01:25   #1
vacantlook

EpDis: War Without End Part Two

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for War Without End Part Two
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for War Without End Part Two
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th 06, 01:27   #2
vacantlook

Re: EpDis: War Without End Part Two

Since there's a current thread already going for discussion of the ep, I figured I might as well go ahead and put up the thread for the poll for the ep too even though it was only a couple days ago that I put up the last poll.

For both part one and part two, I say excellent.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th 06, 02:29   #3
fisheggs
Techno-mage

I'd say amazing and excellent, considering these two are seasons apart. The original idea that this would occur in season 4, or maybe 5 shows the breadth of the vision, but I personally like the way it resolved the "Sinclair Question" and allowed the story to procede. Damn good, IMHO.
fisheggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th 06, 12:31   #4
hypatia
First One

This is what Babylon 5 was all about. And let's face it, confusing details aside, it's the best time-travel twist EVER written for a science fiction show.
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd 06, 10:04   #5
Elric
Ambassador

Quote:
This is what Babylon 5 was all about. And let's face it, confusing details aside, it's the best time-travel twist EVER written for a science fiction show.
I agree 100%. When I first saw this and the Valen mystery was revealed, it was such a great moment. What a great twist
Elric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd 06, 12:21   #6
hypatia
First One

I felt just like Marcus... when the realization dawned on him and he said something to the effect of "Dear god... a Minbari not born of Minbari..."
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th 06, 04:12   #7
RW7427

I just watched these two eps, and I noticed something in part 2 that I never noticed before. In this ep, we see Londo's Keeper on his right shoulder, but in season 5, he gets the Keeper on his left. Is this an inconsistancy or might it be possible that the Keeper can switch sides if it wants to? Anyone have any thoughts?
RW7427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th 06, 04:51   #8
Joseph DeMartino

Quote:
In this ep, we see Londo's Keeper on his right shoulder, but in season 5, he gets the Keeper on his left.
Hump? What hump? - Igor, Young Frankenstein
Joseph DeMartino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th 06, 09:06   #9
Springer
Ambassador

This episode is much better than the first part, but it does suffer a little by having to jam so much plot into the episode, and the way the story got Delenn into that blue suit seemed a little contrived to me.

I wasn't completely surprised that Sinclair would become Valen because there were enough hints throughout the two episodes (could Marcus and Ivanova's conversation be any more obvious and clumsy?), and in previous episodes too (I'd never noticed the significance of the "You speak like a Minbari" line until this episode) but I would bever have guessed that Sinclair would turn himself into a Minbari! That did blow me away. So, if I'm being generous, I give this episode an A-.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd 07, 16:27   #10
Elipsis
Commander

It's almost too much awesome to handle, Sinclair and Sheridan together.

Marcus's reaction is priceless, the realization that more or less he's been hanging out with the Minbari Christ-figure.

Time travel is always alittle bit hard to follow. Minor inconstancies aside, considering that time travel stories are almost always garbage, it's nice to see a careful enough job done that the story makes sense. I'm a little sketchy on writing yourself notes from the past, but I think it holds as long as you don't do something ridiculous like be both of your our own parents like that one short story whose name escapes me...

I'm not altogether thrilled with the "I have to do this because I've already done it," logic... but oh well. I could sit here and ponder time travel all post... but none of that takes away from the fact that the episode was excellent.
Elipsis is offline   Reply With Quote