B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Confessions And Lamentations
A -- Excellent 28 53.85%
B -- Good 16 30.77%
C -- Average 3 5.77%
D -- Poor 3 5.77%
F -- Failure 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 31st 05, 19:23   #21
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Re: EpDis: Comes The Inquisitor

Well, if they are into it, it's definitely a one on one thing, because she didn't seem to be enjoying it with both Sebastian and Sheridan. Come to think of it, maybe that's proof they aren't since 3 is such a "Holy" number with the Minbari
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st 05, 19:30   #22
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

I also suspect that Delenn and Sheridan viewed Sebastian as "the most extreme," i.e. the worst the Vorlons were willing to do. It was a test, they knew it was a test -- and I really doubt they felt Sebastian was spouting the Vorlon party line. In fact I'm not sure they believed anything he said or argued for until the very end when he told them they had passed. It took the form of very, very extreme Socratic questioning. Such a questioner/inquistor does not necessarily believe what he is saying at any point: he's making sure that the person under examination is doing "the right thing."

As for cruelty -- well, the Minbari and Delenn in particular had some experience with "being cruel to be kind." Witness their terrible choice about heeding G'Kar's warnings or not.

Sebastian was probably, to their minds, either a sadistic Socrates or practicing a sort of necessary brutality. As they did not know the true Vorlon agenda, any excesses Sebastian carried out could have easily been explained away. And considering how desperate the Conspiracy of Light was for backup, the excesses would have been glossed over in any way possible.
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st 05, 22:58   #23
acheronb5
Lurker

I really like this episode, Wayne was great.
About Delenn and Sheridan being so fools, I think the problem was that everyone was blinded by Vorlons. Dukhat said to Delenn: (ItB) (more or less) "when you have a doubt, look at the face of a vorlon".
They all were deceived. They were used by the Vorlon and they realized it 2 years later.
So, how Delenn was gonna deny to be questioned if a Vorlon asked for it ?
Sometimes it seems as if she was ready to die for Kosh.
acheronb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd 05, 02:34   #24
hypatia
First One

Hello there, Acheron. Now that is an excellent point. Millenia of mental and genetic conditioning had made the Vorlons instinctively trusted beyond all logic or reason. Look what Lyta put herself through just to have a slight chance of contacting them.
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th 05, 22:25   #25
Stanley
Ranger

Excellent. One of my personal top ten. There was an excellent review at the old Tachyon site. I wish I'd saved a copy of it. Does anyone else have it?
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th 05, 13:24   #26
B5obsessive
Ranger

Unspeakably great. Mira blows me away every time. Witness:

"Am I close, Mr Sebastian?" Strong, defiant.

"This body is only a shell. You cannot touch me. You cannot harm me. I am not afraid." Serene, victorious.

Magnificent. And I don't know why, I know it's coming every time, but that last ".....known only as Jack." makes me go cold to my soles every time. Astounding.
B5obsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th 05, 18:35   #27
Stanley
Ranger

Mira is awesome.
Quote:
And I don't know why, I know it's coming every time, but that last ".....known only as Jack." makes me go cold to my soles every time. Astounding.
Me too. It's the look on Sebastian's face as he says it. We get a glimpse into his own private Hell.

A brutal interrogation in which the question is not "Where's the bomb?" but "Who are you?" And it's done with such style.
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th 05, 18:54   #28
hypatia
First One

Can someone refresh my memory? Didn't that actor (Sebastian/Jack) play other parts in the series? I just can't remember who.

Like, Lorien?
Old October 19th 05, 18:59   #29
penniesfromsatan
Lurker

IIRC, he was Jack, Lorien, the Drakh in s5 (Shiv'k'la or something), the Drazi in Intersections in real time, and various other bits requiring a decent actor behind an alien mask.
penniesfromsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th 05, 22:39   #30
hypatia
First One

Quote:
IIRC, he was Jack, Lorien, the Drakh in s5 (Shiv'k'la or something), the Drazi in Intersections in real time, and various other bits requiring a decent actor behind an alien mask.
Ah, thanks Penny.

I knew he played a few parts, and I forgot what the others were. Rewatching the old Star Trek episodes (Next Generation and Deep Space Nine) I see how many actors returned in different roles in the Star Trek universe.

What's interesting about "Sebastian" is that I never recognize his voice. That's usually how I spot the repeat players in Star Trek.