B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: The Long, Twilight Struggle
A -- Excellent 4 13.33%
B -- Good 13 43.33%
C -- Average 12 40.00%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 27th 05, 16:34   #21
PillowRock
Psi Cop

Re: EpDis: A Day In The Strife

Quote:
But, in reality, don't you think they'd have quietly shipped the embassadors away?
Yep, I'm sure they would ..... at least they would if they thought they had any hope of doing it without triggering the aforementioned riot.
PillowRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th 05, 16:40   #22
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Quote:
If Kosh was not concerned, I'd be wondering why.
Actually, any time the station was in deadly peril, that's a fair question. In the case of the probe, Kosh probably could have handled the entire thing himself if he wanted to. In the case of, say, the Mad Bomber, Kosh probably didn't know until after the whole thing was over.

In the case of the Shadows threatening the station while Kosh II/Ulkesh was aboard... well, who knows?
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th 05, 18:26   #23
Shaal Mayan
First One

I gave it a B rating the probe story was one of the better storylines in this one .The rest was just filler for the storyline .
Shaal Mayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th 05, 18:43   #24
vacantlook

Quote:
...the probe story was one of the better storylines in this one .The rest was just filler for the storyline .
I'm confused about your comment.

You think the part about Londo asking Delenn for a favor to get Vir to be the ambassador to Minbar, which reveals Londo's seeing himself in a dark place getting darker and his subsequent desiring to keep Vir safe from that darkness, or the part of G'Kar struggling with how to best lead his people now after they've been conquered yet again by the Centauri -- whether to stay free under sanctuary on B5 and lead or to return home to Narn and allow himself to be taken into custody to try to keep various Narn families safe -- to be filler? And you think that the probe storyline was better than Londo's and G'Kar's storylines?
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th 05, 20:05   #25
hypatia
First One

VL has a very good point. Londo sending Vir away really is a brilliant way to not only lead into Vir's character development, but it simply screams that he knows he's entering a very dark path.

And yet he's good enough not to want to drag Vir into it. And thus the dichotomy which is Londo.
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th 05, 22:41   #26
Enlightened_GKar
Dead Account

Quote:
One point that shouldn't be brushed off is: why didn't they just write in a brief comment about beginning to evacuate the station? It actually does seem to be a real no-brainer of an element on your "immediate list of things to do" list.
Common sense - the downfall of every bad story.

Like I said, the Vir/Londo stuff was the redeeming factor of this episode. It was always great when Vir was given a purpose instead of his early days of mindlessly following Londo's bidding.
Enlightened_GKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th 05, 00:44   #27
RW7427

Yeah, when Vir arrives on B5 in season 1, he looks like nothing more than a bumbling buffoon. It's certainly good to see his character develop.
RW7427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th 05, 19:17   #28
Shaal Mayan
First One

Quote:
I'm confused about your comment.

You think the part about Londo asking Delenn for a favor to get Vir to be the ambassador to Minbar, which reveals Londo's seeing himself in a dark place getting darker and his subsequent desiring to keep Vir safe from that darkness, or the part of G'Kar struggling with how to best lead his people now after they've been conquered yet again by the Centauri -- whether to stay free under sanctuary on B5 and lead or to return home to Narn and allow himself to be taken into custody to try to keep various Narn families safe -- to be filler? And you think that the probe storyline was better than Londo's and G'Kar's storylines?

Yes in all honesty .Londo asking Vir to go to Minbar was a way to get the actor out of the show.I always thought that Vir was not your average centauri to begin and he was nothing Londo even at this stage .Okay the G'kar line was grade A I will admit to being wrong about that .But for the most I liked the probe story line better.
Shaal Mayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th 05, 19:44   #29
vacantlook

Quote:
Londo asking Vir to go to Minbar was a way to get the actor out of the show.
I think it did far more than just get Vir out of the show for a while. It set Vir up to have a position in which he could create Abrahamo Lincolni and help Narns escape from the Centauri, which really developed Vir's character. Compared to other characters, Vir is a minor character. I like that it developed him more, and that his becoming ambassador to Minbar reveals a lot about how much Londo cares for Vir despite how much he'll openly insult Vir to his face.

But hey, you like the probe plot more, so it's good then that there are parts to this episode that we both enjoy even if they're not the same parts.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th 05, 19:57   #30
GKarsEye
First One

I also love what they did with Vir and even regret not being able to "see" him complete his transformation into total hero as outlined in the Centauri Trilogy. Emperor Vir seems like a fascinating character.

I wonder what they would have done with NaToth or KoDath or whomever could have been G'Kar's assistant. Would she have stayed at G'Kar's side through everything? What about when G'Kar was Cartagia's prisoner? Or her reaction to his status as religious icon?
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote