B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: A Race Through Dark Places
A -- Excellent 9 18.37%
B -- Good 19 38.78%
C -- Average 19 38.78%
D -- Poor 1 2.04%
F -- Failure 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 7th 05, 02:45   #21
deaded
Telepath

Re: EpDis: GROPOS

Quote:

Or he didn't like the idea of sleeping with a woman he just met and he might, very soon, never see again.

Is that really so horrible?
It is if you're a guy.
deaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th 05, 05:22   #22
hypatia
First One

Only if you are one kind of a guy, Deaded. Although what old Mighty was referring to, I think, was more the "leading on" idea.

If a gal can changer her mind, why can't a guy?
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th 05, 05:48   #23
RW7427

I gave it a C. Not great stuff, but entertaining enough nonetheless.
RW7427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th 05, 08:28   #24
Elric
Ambassador

This is my least favourite episode in season 2 (not bad enough for a D though). I think it appears worse coming after one of (if not the) best episode in the season.

As previously pointed out, the end was very good. I like the way that B5 does not glorify war, but shows it for what it really is - a terrible loss of life!
Elric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th 05, 08:34   #25
Springer
Ambassador

I didn't really like this episode very much. It was a character-driven episode, but none of the characters were very interesting. The Franklin's father/son storyline was a bit wishy-washy, and I could never see the attraction of Dodger. Probably the best character moment in the episode is between Ivanova and Franklin in medlab. I gave the episode a C.

And the riot scenes always make me laugh. This one in GROPOS wasn't too bad, but there is one later in The Long Twilight Struggle which is really really bad! But because the story is so strong you can gloss over it.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th 05, 13:58   #26
GKarsEye
First One

They can, it's just annoying.

I was of course exaggerating when I said my "respect" for Garibaldi went down. After Sheridan, he's my favorite human character on the show. He just had moment of idiocy. Happens, no big deal.

I don't think it would bother me at all if it weren't for Day of the Dead, actually.

Quote:
and I could never see the attraction of Dodger.
Cute, ass-kicking fiesty red-head. Amongst the top three hottest chick characters to guest star on B5 (along with Number One and Franklin's singer).

Here's something that I don't like about the episode: the battle had no significance to the overall story. I must have seen the entire series half a dozen times and I don't even remember what they were fighting about.
Also, isn't a bit cheesy that everyone we met died? Yeah, yeah, war is horrible, we know. I think the only character we met that survived was General Franklin (and maybe the drill seargent).

The big black guy that crashed with Keffer: cool or annoying?
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th 05, 14:56   #27
hypatia
First One

Yea, it was a bit over-the-top that they all died, I suppose, but it was a quick way to make his point.

I liked the back-slapping big, black guy. Yea, I agree with those who say the characters were awfully stereotypical. Depth wasn't what JMS was going for in this one, I think. He was going for color, flavor more than content or depth.

Despite the 2-d kind of guest characters, I actually liked them a lot.

Will anyone vote with me about the backdrop during Franklin's father's interview was the most unconvincing you've ever seen in B5? I have not seen the series for some time, and have not seen it 12 times. But I still remember thinking "wow, that's pretty horrible".
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th 05, 15:04   #28
GKarsEye
First One

Heh, yeah, that was pretty weak.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th 05, 15:11   #29
RW7427

Quote:
The big black guy that crashed with Keffer: cool or annoying?
He's okay, but I'm leaning toward annoying.
RW7427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th 05, 15:31   #30
PillowRock
Psi Cop

Quote:
Quote:
and I could never see the attraction of Dodger.
Cute, ass-kicking fiesty red-head. Amongst the top three hottest chick characters to guest star on B5 (along with Number One and Franklin's singer).
Yeah, I liked Dodger. I'm not sure about the "top 3", though. Naturally this is a matter of personal taste, but I also liked Julie Catlin Brown when she came back to guest as a human (Sheridan's appointed lawyer).

Quote:
isn't a bit cheesy that everyone we met died?
On the other hand, it isn't necessarily unrealistic. Most of them were in the same squad. It looked like they had gotten caught in a "killing zone" area (probably approaching the fortifications); *lots* of corpses in a very small area. It happens. Whole units can get wiped out pretty easily if they get caught in a spot like that. That has been true since at least the American Civil War (much before that the weaponry just wasn't efficient enough).
PillowRock is offline   Reply With Quote