B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: A Distant Star
A -- Excellent 8 26.67%
B -- Good 17 56.67%
C -- Average 5 16.67%
D -- Poor 0 0%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 16th 05, 05:58   #1
vacantlook

EpDis: Soul Mates

Next episode.

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for Soul Mates
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for Soul Mates
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th 05, 06:06   #2
vacantlook

Re: EpDis: Soul Mates

I'll make three preliminary comments about this episode.

I didn't like the Matt Stoner plot. Of the multitude of former relationships brought coming surprising to the station that have occurred on the show, this one bores me the most. We already had Talia having a former relationship from PsiCorps come onto the station with Jason Ironheart having had some new psi power brought out in him at the hands of PsiCorps. Having a second one is just "Eh" to me.

I find it interesting that the original name of this episode was "Pestilence, Famine, and Death." Londo originally called his three wives this back in season one's "The War Prayer." I don't remember if it was brought out in the thread for "The War Prayer," but I'll bring it out here: if Londo's three wives are Pestilence, Famine, and Death -- three of the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse -- does that make Londo War?

And third brief comment: I love the small Ivanova-Delenn hair plot.
Old May 16th 05, 08:21   #3
deaded
Telepath

I think the Stoner thing (GOTTA love the name) would have meant more had Talia stayed and turned into the Lyta character. She sure did sleep around though, didn't she? Kinda makes me wish I'd met her.

And the three wife thing? Perfect!! Pure gold IMHO. It DEFINES Londo and the Centauri. It was perfect.

(plus bald chicks turn me on)

Also, here is the first time you begin to realize that Londo is suffering from dimentia. I mean SERIOUSLY. You can choose one wife of three: An ugly bitch who hates you, an even uglier bitch who hates you even more and is even MORE ambitious than you; and a hot chick with a great body and lips that obviously want to encompase cylindrical objects who wants to please you as much as she can.

Hmmmmmmm...... Let me THINK.

Your choice.
deaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th 05, 08:44   #4
vacantlook

Quote:
...and a hot chick with a great body and lips that obviously want to encompase cylindrical objects who wants to please you as much as she can.
You forgot to add that she just attempted to assassinate you.
Old May 16th 05, 13:21   #5
RMcD
First One

It annoys me that there are three episodes in a row here early in Season 2 that devote a lot of time to developing Talia's character, a) because I don't like her half as much as Lyta, and get pretty sick of her whining vulnerability and b) because in the end its all in aid of nothing anyway..

The stuff with Londo's wives is all okay, but all Peter David's episodes do tend to remind me of Star Trek more than JMS'.. The whole harem thing is very TOS..

But I do like the traditional B5 technique of building an episode by cutting together three or four plotlines that don't necessarily intersect. It's one of the series' strengths that it can do this.
RMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th 05, 13:44   #6
vacantlook

I wonder if these three in a row Talia heavy episodes were a result of Andrea's expressed desire for more featured screentime.
Old May 16th 05, 17:16   #7
Shaal Mayan
First One

I gave this one a B almost a C but I loved seeing Londo's three wives finally show up in the series the downer is the Matt Stoner plot with Talia never really took to the character .
Shaal Mayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th 05, 17:55   #8
GKarsEye
First One

Quote:
Also, here is the first time you begin to realize that Londo is suffering from dimentia. I mean SERIOUSLY. You can choose one wife of three: An ugly bitch who hates you, an even uglier bitch who hates you even more and is even MORE ambitious than you; and a hot chick with a great body and lips that obviously want to encompase cylindrical objects who wants to please you as much as she can.
Eh, I bet as Londo became more important and successful he was getting his choice of primo Centauri tail, he didn't need that crazy bitch. The marriage is a business arrangement.

Londo is simply pulling a Clinton.

I like the ep for the Lond and G'Kar stuff. The Matt Stoner thing is ok, not great.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th 05, 18:48   #9
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

A- for the dialogue. You've got Londo being funny, Timov being witty, and G'Kar being G'Kar. It's fun.
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th 05, 20:35   #10
RW7427

I love it! Except for Matt Stoner. I hate him.
RW7427 is offline   Reply With Quote