B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: That was...
A -- Excellent 1 3.45%
B -- Good 23 79.31%
C -- Average 4 13.79%
D -- Poor 1 3.45%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 25th 05, 15:10   #11
vacantlook

Re: EpDis: Legacies

Quote:
...but the girl was annoying.
Yeah, was she ever!
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th 05, 17:03   #12
PillowRock
Psi Cop

Caste (generally speaking) comes from your parents' caste. What that exchange is still vague about is whether the rule for parents from different castes is:

If one parent is Religous that takes precidence of the other parent's Warrior status (which in turn would likely take precidence over Worker, given most of the attitudes that we see during the series).

Or

The mother's always takes precidence.

Either one has to do with parents and makes mentioning them relevent.
PillowRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th 05, 19:08   #13
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Well, I think according to the Lurker's Guide Legacies was originally intended to air after B Squared but for some reason they needed to move it -- I think so "A Voice in the Wilderness" would have a better airing time.
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th 05, 12:21   #14
B5_Obsessed
First One

Quote:
Well, I think according to the Lurker's Guide Legacies was originally intended to air after B Squared but for some reason they needed to move it -- I think so "A Voice in the Wilderness" would have a better airing time.
I believe there were a few times when they altered the airing to accomodate the completion of the heavier FX laden episodes. A Voice in the Wilderness definitely qualifies. For Season 1, it was very heavy on FX.
B5_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th 05, 13:56   #15
PillowRock
Psi Cop

There were also a few times in the first and second seasons when episodes got swapped purely because of PTEN's fairly odd pattern of when new episodes aired and when reruns aired. Either they wanted to start a run of new eps with a bang, or finish a run of new eps with something of teaser to bring people back later, or they didn't want a 2-parter split with 2 months between part 1 and part 2, or whatever.
PillowRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd 05, 17:06   #16
Shaal Mayan
First One

I thought it was excellant with a good introduction to the character of Neroon and seeing Talia and Ivanova square off on the fate of a young teep .Makes this one of my favs and because a few glimpses of minbari funearls at least among the warrior caste.
Shaal Mayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd 08, 22:06   #17
Cell
Telepath

http://worldsoforos.com/secondviews/...babylon-5-117/
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th 10, 12:28   #18
Estelyn
Commander

I just checked to see who wrote this episode - I was pretty sure it wasn't JMS. Certainly Delenn has a darker side and is stronger and more dangerous than she appears, but she seems to be out of character in this story. Being so fanatic about an issue that she lets others take the blame and endangers the whole station, even to the point of risking a new war, just does not conform with her actions before and after this episode. The whole idea of serving others, which she preaches, does not go with letting others suffer for her actions. Of course we see enough characters in and around B5 who don't practice what they preach, but I don't see Delenn as one of them.

I too went "What the...?!" when the ship approached the station - the open gunports tradition of the Minbari should be known to EarthForces by now. Why the panicky surprise?

Though he picks a fight every time he has an opportunity, I like Neroon, who is introduced here. There's something about him that makes him believable as a member of the warrior caste and interesting as a character. Part of that is his sense of humour - subtle, but winning. We see so few humorous Minbari.

I also like the way Talia and Ivanova's relationship progresses. Though they squabble about the destiny of the young telepath, it seems more like two parents disagreeing about how to raise their kid - I don't get a feeling of animosity anymore. And like parents, they let their protegé go when she makes her own decision.
Old May 20th 10, 20:55   #19
JoeD80
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn View Post
I too went "What the...?!" when the ship approached the station - the open gunports tradition of the Minbari should be known to EarthForces by now. Why the panicky surprise?
Probably because the Minbari knew by now that it was a threatening gesture to the humans so it caught them off-guard. The Warrior Caste were making a deliberate decision here and probably don't normally approach the station this way, even if it is their tradition.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st 10, 01:33   #20
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Yeah, the easiest fan-wank is that the Minbari haven't been coming in with open ports in the past ten years -- but Neroon was looking for a fight, or at the least was unwilling to bend tradition even an inch for mere humans.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote