B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Do you want to do Jude Law?
A -- Excellent 4 13.33%
B -- Good 16 53.33%
C -- Average 9 30.00%
D -- Poor 1 3.33%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 14th 05, 23:03   #1
vacantlook

EpDis: Eyes

Moving on....

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for Eyes
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for Eyes
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th 05, 23:39   #2
purplekosh66
Lurker

Re: EpDis: Eyes

I would have given this epside an "average" rating instead of the the "good" that I gave it, if it wasn't for the Motorcycle part of the story. I thought that was great!

I seem to recall seeing a thread about "Whatever happened to Mr. Garibaldi's Motorcycle"? I can't remember if it was here or on a different site. It did get some interesting responses. The one I liked best was: Garibaldi got caught speeding through the station on the bike, so it was impounded indefinitely!

Frank
purplekosh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th 05, 01:20   #3
vacantlook

I'm on the complete other side, I didn't like the motorbike bit much. I do like the main story though.

We get another hard hit to the story in the way of there being people back home that are exceptionally manipulative of the government (in this instance, PsyCorps). We get more of the arc of Sinclair having been picked at the behest of the Minbari much to the anger of many other Earthforce personel. And we get to see Harriman Gray; I love his character. I've always wanted to know more about what his character eventually goes through later in the timeline of the story. I don't know if jms has any idea or if he even cares to think about it, but I'd sure love to see more. Harriman wasn't kind of in the middle of the spectrum. If Bester's on one end and season five Lyta's on the other, Harriman's in the middle. Matheson from Crusade was a similar position.

I do think Ben Zayn was overplayed in several spots, but I do like an ass of a character coming in and trying to take over because he's so ego driven that he thinks he deserves it. Of course, he was really nothing if not being played by Bester.

So, despite a few things I see as not to my taste, I still really really like the episode.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th 05, 05:50   #4
RMcD
First One

This is one of my favourite S1 epsiodes for some reason, though I'm not really sure if its deserving or not. I relish that actor's portrayal of Ben Zayne, especially where its completely OTT (or just theatrical?). I do think it could have been improved if the ending hadn't been so anticlimactic - one punch and its over! The Colonel should have hopped into a Starfury and pointed its cannons at C&C, holding the whole station to ransom.. or something
This is also the episode where Ivanova starts a bar brawl.. brilliant.
And the last one of the 22 to be filmed.
A.
RMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th 05, 09:10   #5
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

A good summation episode, "what has gone before."

My favorite bit is Ben Zayne complaining about Kosh. Just what, if anything, was he planning to do?
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th 05, 14:15   #6
RW7427

I like to watch this ep and call Ben Zayne names.
RW7427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th 05, 22:08   #7
Jade Jaguar
First One

Do you think his middle initial is N?
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th 05, 22:38   #8
KoshN

Quote:
A good summation episode, "what has gone before."

My favorite bit is Ben Zayne complaining about Kosh. Just what, if anything, was he planning to do?
It would have been very entertaining to have seen him try something against Kosh. Boy! Talk about a bad move!
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th 05, 22:51   #9
GKarsEye
First One

I just love this episode because of that guy's ridiculous scenery chewing- all that scowling and evil eye stuff and huffin' 'n' puffin'. I am such a sucker for that stuff.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th 05, 10:50   #10
PillowRock
Psi Cop

Quote:
This is also the episode where Ivanova starts a bar brawl.. brilliant.
Of course, that scene forces you to make a decision about how to interpret what is going on.

Do you want to believe what they are pretty clearly trying to establish, or do you want to believe your lieing eyes?

Is Ivanova a seriously tough badass? It seems pretty clear that is what they pretty clearly trying to show when she basically takes on the entire bar and is winning when security arrives.

Or do you *look* at the parts of the fight that we actually see and conclude that *all* of these people are completely inept, and Ivanova is just slightly less clueless than the other drunks?

I generally go with what they are trying to establish, and ignore how badly staged and choreagraphed the brawl is.
PillowRock is offline   Reply With Quote