B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Infection
A -- Excellent 3 9.38%
B -- Good 11 34.38%
C -- Average 17 53.13%
D -- Poor 1 3.13%
F -- Failure 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 7th 04, 17:03   #1
vacantlook

EpDis: The War Prayer

And the next one is of course, The War Prayer.

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for The War Prayer
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for The War Prayer
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th 04, 17:13   #2
vacantlook

Re: EpDis: The War Prayer

I thought "The War Prayer" was an ok episode -- not great, but not sucky either.

There are some moments I really, really like though. For example, I loved the scene in the medlab where Londo tells Shaal Mayan that Aria and Kiron will get over wanting love, and Shaal Mayan replies to Londo, "Just as you did." It's a striking character moment for me. Shaal Mayan felt a wee bit bland for much of the episode, but this moment for her and Londo was superb.

The bringing of Human hostility toward aliens is of course seemingly decent on being somewhat stand-alone, but it is great in setting up for the movement of some Humans in the future of the show to become aggressively isolationistic.

I liked the introduction of the Abbai and personally wish they were a background alien that hadn't been abandoned; I thought they looked rather interesting and that they had potential to pop up here and there and would have looked nice as one of the more prominent lesser races in the coalition against the Shadows.
Old November 7th 04, 17:50   #3
RW7427

Not one of the best eps, IMHO, but entertaining nonetheless.
RW7427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th 04, 18:29   #4
Shaal Mayan
First One

Since this is the episode that I took my screen name from I must give this one and A all around the board .With the downside being of course is that Mayan is not seen again in the series .Disapointing since she is supposed to be from what I gather a good friend of Delenn's.
Shaal Mayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th 04, 18:48   #5
vacantlook

She is mentioned again though, but I can't remember which episode it is that this mentioning is in.
Old November 7th 04, 23:16   #6
Jade Jaguar
First One

This is the ep that convinced me that B5 was worth watching, because of it's choice of topics, and it's position and treatment of them.
Jade Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th 04, 01:05   #7
RW7427

Quote:
She is mentioned again though, but I can't remember which episode it is that this mentioning is in.
Yeah, she is, but I don't remember the details. I do seem to remember either Lennier or Delenn talking to Garibaldi in the episode EYES asking that she have better security than she did in her last visit.
RW7427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th 04, 04:12   #8
RMcD
First One

This is obviously a personal thing, but this is the first episode of B5 that does absolutely nothing for me. For some reason I don't care about the Minbari poet. I'm not interested in the eloping Centauri couple. I'm not interested in Ivanova's ex or his strange accent. I even find it hard to get enthusiastic about an idea that should be cool like black-light camouflage. The plot twist is obvious, the acting isn't the worst seen in B5 but it's not the best. There are perhaps a few good scenes between Londo and Vir that develop their relationship further, and a good shootout at the end, but that's it. Instantly forgettable. Luckily And the Sky Full of Stars is next..
RMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th 04, 10:27   #9
GKarsEye
First One

The episode's importance lies in its introduction to the anti-alien sentiment of Earth.

It was actually hinted at in the first episode on the news casts for Santiago's re-election; they mentioned putting "earth first" or something like that. It seemed completely innocent at the time.

Yeah, the poet and especially the couple were annoying, but they were something for the main characters to play off of, especially Londo and his too-tight shoes. Some important character insight there.

Actor note: Winnie Cooper was the Centauri girl.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th 04, 11:30   #10
aajay
Ranger

An average epsiode.
I do remember the 1st time seeing it that I was shocked for a moment at Sinclair's treatment of the Abatti ambassador.
Didn't the Abatti show up again in Deathwalker?
aajay is offline   Reply With Quote