B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

View Poll Results: Do you blog?
A -- Excellent 1 2.44%
B -- Good 5 12.20%
C -- Average 19 46.34%
D -- Poor 11 26.83%
F -- Failure 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 20th 04, 20:32   #1
vacantlook

EpDis: Infection

Time for another.

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for Infection
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for Infection
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th 04, 21:16   #2
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Re: EpDis: Infection

Infection suffers from some gaping plot holes, but it's redeemed by the oodles upon oodles of foreshadowing.

(You know a writer's doing a good job when the word "foreshadowing" has ominous, double meanings.)
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th 04, 21:43   #3
vacantlook

The main story of "Infection" I found to be rather bland. It does introduce the concept of organic technology, which is good for the show being that orgtech has such a prominent place in the lives of several of the major alien races in the galaxy. The whole purity theme was hammered a bit too hard, I think, which caused me to not really care all that much about it. So, perhaps the story of the episode is good, just not the execution of that story.

Two things in the episode I considerably enjoy:

- The scene between Sinclair and Garibaldi in Sinclair's quarters at the end. I like the whole theme of having something worth dying for versus having something worth living for, which we get even more strongly later in the show with Sheridan on Z'ha'dum. I love Sinclair's telling Garibaldi that he doesn't have an answer for Garibaldi's question and that he knows he should have one.

- The scene at the end between Franklin and Ivanova when the two security guys show up to tell Franklin that the orgtech has been ordered back to Earth for study by the EarthForce weapons devision. I love Ivanova's response: "I'll be over there getting drunk... with the rest of the aliens."
Old October 21st 04, 01:46   #4
Markas
His Majesty

Send a message via MSN to Markas

The Ikarran solution to invasion was a bit interesting, but otherwise, I found it to be a pedestrian episode.
Markas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st 04, 02:36   #5
phoenixrising
Telepath

And you'll notice later in the season (after Sinclair and Garibaldi's talk) Sinclair didn't put his ass on the line quite as much as he used to.
phoenixrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st 04, 03:04   #6
vacantlook

Yet Sinclair was still looking for a reason, which he gained when he learned/understood that he is/was Valen.
Old October 21st 04, 09:02   #7
Shaal Mayan
First One

I will give this one an average grade I liked the story of the organic tech nice setup for later episodes of the series .
Shaal Mayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st 04, 11:56   #8
aajay
Ranger

Not one of the better eipsodes, but I enjoyed seeing David McCallum - a fav of mine since the Man from U.N.C.L.E. days.
aajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th 04, 13:42   #9
GKarsEye
First One

Quote:
- The scene between Sinclair and Garibaldi in Sinclair's quarters at the end. I like the whole theme of having something worth dying for versus having something worth living for, which we get even more strongly later in the show with Sheridan on Z'ha'dum. I love Sinclair's telling Garibaldi that he doesn't have an answer for Garibaldi's question and that he knows he should have one.
Like most TV shows, this is your typical "what have we learned today?" moment of the episode. Unlike most TV shows, it actually has repercussions throughout the shows and introduces themes that would be revisited.

By the way, I'm re-watching the series with my sister, and we just got through TKO, so I'm kind of in-step with these polls.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th 04, 05:11   #10
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

I really liked this, it was great. I acknowledge a lot of the problems with it especially as it was first filmed, but the cool premise of organic tech, a man with a big gun on his arm and a real Man from UNCLE were enough to win me over.
Lots of foreshadowing to later plots as well.
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote