• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The future of B5TV

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
I've been thinking for a while that I would upgrade B5TV from its steampunk system, if only because I feel an obligation to preserve some B5 history.

Now, with the latest news, I think it's even more important.

I would love to cover news, but I think I'm just too old and lazy now. That period of just pouring my life into a website is over! But the forums at least need a refit.

Stay tuned?

I kinda like the retro feel to things. Like you, Antony, I'm too old and lazy to learn new message board tricks.

I quite like the retro look to the forums too but the site needs to be tailored for use on phones etc so a reboot of the forums is probably necessary.

I have just been thinking we need a news website as well as a forum. I'd be interested in contributing.

The other issue is spam. I have turned off registration and they have to email for a password, which is not good long term.

Also it's not retro, it's vintage. This is proper 2001 beginnings. :) We didn't even have iPhones then.

You have a point. I'd just hate for it to get too complicated to use. I just came back after all lol

Personally, I love the old-school feel as it gives me nostalgia. But if you want new audiences then an upgrade is the way forward.

trek bbs looks fine to me, just keep the dark blue/purple theme here please. All the white hurts my eyes and I find black equally annoying.

Certainly a newer forum software would be more secure, and I'm guessing, also easier to administrate.

Please change nothing if only for the fact I fear it will create some glitch that denies me access..... and I don't know if my legions of fans whom love to read my every post could handle that right now with all the things we are going to have to discuss in the coming YEARS!!!!! :D:D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PLUS I love the look and feel of this place. :thumbsup:

But I do understand the need for progress and expansion. Especially given the fact there will be new legions of fans who should not be denied the Looney experience. ..... (LMAO I wish you could all see me rolling on the floor laughing at myself.) :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

OMG I AM SO EXCITED I AM GOING OUT OF MY MIND - - - BEEN SUCH A EUPHORIC WEEK! ;)

I've been thinking for a while that I would upgrade B5TV from its steampunk system, if only because I feel an obligation to preserve some B5 history.

Now, with the latest news, I think it's even more important.

I would love to cover news, but I think I'm just too old and lazy now. That period of just pouring my life into a website is over! But the forums at least need a refit.

Stay tuned?

I'd wager if you wanted to cover news and tidbits on the new upcoming series, you can retain your laziness and delegate. I'm sure there will be a few capable posters around here who would jump a chance to contribute and handle some of that. If that's something that you would consider, that may be an option for you in the coming weeks/months.

JMS still is active on Facebook/Twitter, and if anyone subscribes to his Paetron, there may be more inside info there (although, I guess, re-posting that here would be a big no-no as it would be behind a paywall).

Still, there may be news to be had to start up a proper blog again if that was something you wanted to do, via delegation.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back