View Single Post
Old October 6th 20, 19:00   #14
Looney
Telepath

Re: Eureka (2006-2012)

EPISODE 12
ONCE IN A LIFETIME

Okay so I have been taking a break from Eureka to start a 31 Day Horror Movie Marathon. It hasn't been going great. The goal is to see 31 Horror/Ghost/Monster/Halloween movies I've never seen before and I've seen a lot of stinkers already. The BEST ones I've seen so far have been GET OUT (2017) and HOCUS POCUS (1993).

I watched one that was a pretty good movie, but I would never ever, ever, ever watch again because it profoundly depressed me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because I don't want people to be depressed. ACACIA {Original Title - AKASIA} (2003) is a Korean film that made it so I had to watch something more light-hearted immediately and the Eureka Season One Finale, ONCE IN A LIFETIME 1.12, was my choice. (It honestly didn't help much. ACACIA (2003) is going to haunt me for awhile.)

Okay sooo moving on....

B5 GUEST STAR SIGHTING - TAMLYN TOMITA

IMDB Synopsis
After another lab accident Jack wakens to a whole new world. ..... (This sums it up perfectly. I wish I had be tabulating how many of these episodes were going to revolve around lab accidents. 20/20 Hindsight)

(This references several Season One Episodes.)

LIKED.....
Hmmmm.... I can't say I liked a lot of this one.
Spoiler for spoiler:
I liked that we might get a reason why Stark turns completely evil. It was a nice glimpse at an alternate history, but ...

DIDN'T LIKE.....
Spoiler for spoiler:
.....it was far too utopian. I mean one might argue that if Kim doesn't live then all of their lives really go wrong - look at how Zoe turned around. That may not happen. I also didn't like that Carter was the only person, other than Henry, to magically remember the alternate timeline.
That didn't make any sense at all.

All and all I guess it was a decent Season Ender that could have doubled as a Series Ender if necessary. DEFINITELY looking forward to Season Two.

Last edited by Looney; October 7th 20 at 22:45.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote