• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SG1 Season 7 premeir 06/13/04 *SPOILERS*

Loadhan

Regular
Since there be spoilers here I started a new topic instead of continuing the countdown ... and for some reason no one else has yet, heh.

Well, I thought that was an intense two hours. A successful flight of an Earth "death glider" (and it seems even better than the original ones), an aliance with System Lords, and a pretty big battle even for Stargate's standards. I liked how they didn't spend an entire episode on bringing Daniel back into the fold like I thought they might and I liked seeing Daniel and Jonas working together. And damn did Jonas' city take a real beating! I liked Yu though ... pity it's now Ba'al in charge of the anti-Anubis resistence.

Even before the premier, SciFi was thinking how successful SG-1 is and contemplating asking them for an 8th season ...

So, discuss. :)

John Doe, Star Wars anyone? Sheesh! Did they have to use a Xerox machine? :rolleyes: Other than the blatant copying, I liked it.

Well, I thought that was an intense two hours. A successful flight of an Earth "death glider" (and it seems even better than the original ones), an aliance with System Lords, and a pretty big battle even for Stargate's standards. I liked how they didn't spend an entire episode on bringing Daniel back into the fold like I thought they might and I liked seeing Daniel and Jonas working together. And damn did Jonas' city take a real beating! I liked Yu though ... pity it's now Ba'al in charge of the anti-Anubis resistence.

The two episodes were great. I agree about Jonas and Daniel working together. Since they bring Jonas I always wish to see this two together. And it was great that we have it in this two episodes. Although it was sad to see Jonas return to his home world as an diplomatic representative I was hoping to see him more involved with the team, is not as a member at least in base like Dr. Fraiser etc. The good thing is we will see him as guest star at least in one more episode. :)

I think the idea of the amnesia was good specially because we see interesting interaction between the team and Daniel. I also love Jack's reaction to the plan specially with having Lord Yu as a back up, and later his reaction to the second choice for back up, Ba'al. Specially with the story between this two. It was ironic that Ba'al is the one that save them at the end when he begin his attack. :LOL:

The Stargate:Lowdown was just awesome. I specially love the scene between Amanda and RDA when she mention she was stuck in an glacier with McGyver. It was hilarious. The lowdown was fun to watch and a great introduction to the two episodes. ;)

Oridinally posted by Loadhan:
A successful flight of an Earth "death glider" (and it seems even better than the original ones)
I thought that too... but then I realized that we only saw it destroy two death gliders with missiles. It made me wonder if the X302 had any other guns on it. Machine guns wouldn't make much sence, and I think it would look really weird when fired in space. Maybe they'll have some kind of modified Asgard weapons in the future. :confused:

I really want to see Prometheus and a $hit load of X302s attack a mothership or something though... just so watch them fight. :devil:
I hope the show is around that long.

Originally posted by KoshN:
John Doe, Star Wars anyone? Sheesh! Did they have to use a Xerox machine? :rolleyes: Other than the blatant copying, I liked it.
I thought that part was great... and I loved it when Colonel O'Neill wanted to be called red leader. :LOL:

Originally posted by Krystal:
The Stargate:Lowdown was just awesome. I specially love the scene between Amanda and RDA when she mention she was stuck in an glacier with McGyver. It was hilarious. The lowdown was fun to watch and a great introduction to the two episodes. ;)
I got a laugh out of watching Christopher Judge wake up Michael Shanks by jumpin on him... just think about how much that guy weighs. :LOL:

I enjoyed it too! I'll miss Corin Nemec, though. He was pretty good. Though... I'm sure he'll pop up again a few times.

And I was thinking the whole attack on Anubis's ship WAS a lot like the scene from Star Wars (well, various scenes, what with the turrets and missile firing and whatnot, and later on when the core of the weapon was zoomed in on), but it was more of a tribute than anything, in my opinion. After all, SG-1's been a pretty solid show for the last 6 seasons, and I don't see why they'd start the newest season with a scene that was more or less a blatant ripoff of a famous scene from SW. Well, several scenes... Anyways, it DID look cool.

I thought of Star Wars too, when he was flying on the ship having towers shooting at him...I kinda expected O'Neil to say something to that effect.

That's true as well, but with SG-1 it's a kind of comfortable predictability. It WORKS. At least, that's how I see it. I could be wrong.... but I doubt it. ;)

In Season 6's "Disclosure" when Thor appeared before the assembled Ambassadors, and just before he left, when asked if his appearance was only to support SG-1 he replied that was part of the reason but he also was there to INSTALL Asgard weapons on the X303 so it is likely he did the same for the X302. Or at least gave them the information needed to build such weapons.

Even if they didn't... maybe they can try and reverse engineer some of the tech..... they did it with pretty much everything else didn't they. ;)

Even if they didn't... maybe they can try and reverse engineer some of the tech..... they did it with pretty much everything else didn't they. ;)

True, but I suspect Thor gave them the information and weapons they needed. :)

it was well worth the wait! i was pleased. and i liked the part about being trapped in a glacier with mcgyver! i lmao!

unlike the LEGEND OF THE RANGERS, this one had no real loose ends! and it was just great!

i thought about starwars too when he was flying.

I missed it!!! **sobs** I had to go pick my mom up at the airport -- she was coming in at 8:13 pm so I thought I would catch it at the later showing **sob** but she was stuck in Houston **sob** so I had to go back and get her at 11:15 and missed it!! **sob**

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back