• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Racing Mars

Falling Toward Apotheosis

• C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
While I love the dynamic of the character interaction between Franklin and Marcus, I'm not all that fond of Captain Jack or of Wade. I do like the character of Number One, though, whom I think would have been neat to have seen even more of in the show. And as much as I like the story arc of Bester having telepathically programmed Garibaldi into socially distancing himself from everyone, I kind of end up feeling some of Sheridan's reactions (I'm not sure if it's how it's scripted, or if it's just how it's performed) feel a bit premature to me in this episode.

I liked the Garibaldi storyline in season 4 with Wade and Mr Edgars, so I rate this one B, not least for the Garibaldi/Sheridan confrontation.

"Mars"story - D, rest A. I love BBs acting, specially in Delenn´s quarter and in lift with Lennier. These scenes are one of my absolute favorites of the whole series.

I call this "the sex episode" as there are so many sexual references in this episode it's hard to remember them all... I think there are 4 or 5 in total throughout the different plots.

The tension between Garibaldi and Sheridan brings this episode from a C+ to a B-, imo.

I agree that this isn't one of the top notch episodes, though it has some interesting elements. The public confrontation between Sheridan and Garibaldi is explosively dramatic and not yet resolved. Garibaldi looks almost dead - no expression in his face, except for anger at Sheridan. Wade and cohorts are like rebel versions of Night Watch.

I am not a huge fan of all the Minbari mating rituals, and this one, with witnesses, seems a bit ridiculous.

The Captain Jack story brings up more questions than it answers - how did Watchers get into the Mars rebellion scene?!

What I did enjoy was Marcus, getting into the story of a newlywed couple - his sarcastic comments are always great fun!

I think this is a fairly solid episode overall, although it has some elements I'm not entirely crazy about.

I'm not a HUGE fan of Captain Jack, but I do like the Keeper storyline, and the weird stuff he keeps doing in an attempt to warn people. Makes you feel bad for him. It's interesting though, that he is able to essentially deceive the Keeper. I guess those things can't tell what you're thinking, exactly. That fits with how Londo must have been able to plot Sheridan's escape from Centauri Prime despite the Keeper.

I enjoy the interaction between Marcus and Dr. Franklin. Even aside from Marcus being really into his newlywed role, the two of them kinda do behave like a married couple.

I'm not entirely crazy about Number 2, but I do like Number 1. I don't know why she's such an unpopular character, really.

More Minbari mating rituals ..... It's amazing anyone on Minbar ever gets anything done, really. It's also amazing they have children at all. Sheridan is such a good sport, going along with all of it. The "Woo hoo?" bit is cheap laughs, but I enjoy it. That elevator scene is so perfectly awkward to begin with. Also, Lennier's expression of disapproval is great.

The Garibaldi / Sheridan bits are very tense and make me quite uncomfortable. Garibaldi almost has some good points here and there, which make it all rather more interesting and uncomfortable. I'm not a huge fan of that Wade character. Cool jacket, though. His cronies just sort of stand around looking menacing, in true Babylon 5 style.

I'm not entirely crazy about Number 2, but I do like Number 1. I don't know why she's such an unpopular character, really.

She is unpopular? I always liked her - maybe not the best actress but I like that B5 was able to create strong female characters that were all different - Ivanova wasn't like Number 1, who wasn't like Delenn, who wasn't like Lochley. I think Number 1's relationship with Franklin is also important for the doctor's characterisation.

I also liked Wade as well, thought he was an interesting character and would have liked to have seen more of him.

Is this episode the one that ends with Marcus on guard duty, extending and retracting his pike? Or was that next episode? Always liked that scene.

Haha, I think the pike thing is the next episode. Not this one, in any case.

I'm not sure about Number 1's popularity. I got the impression she wasn't all that popular browsing some of the older threads here. I could be wrong. Maybe it was Number 2, in which case I kinda agree :p

Also, something I tried to edit in last night, but I hit the wrong button ... Recently I commented in a different episode thread on how all the Brakiri seem to look "male" to human eyes. But that woman who wants Sheridan's blessing in this episode is definitely a Brakiri. I had forgotten all about that. So there ARE female-appearing Brakiri. Just not that many?

Latest posts

Members online

Back