View Single Post
Old November 28th 09, 22:11   #12
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Babylon 5 Fan Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
At this point, I'd settle for a series of crappy new paperbacks with a bit more oversight from JMS. I mean, why not?
(realizing that you may have meant to be rhetorical but...) Money, mostly. First, nobody's looking to publish more B5 books because in today's blockbuster mentality they didn't make enough of it. Second, WB charges a pretty penny to license it and finally, JMS wouldn't come cheap, either.

Have you listened to the Babylon Podcasts where they interviewed JMS, Republibot? It my leave you gnashing your teeth but JMS explains why there's currently no B5 in various forms and the *one* possibility that still exists. Check out http://www.babylonpodcast.com/ and look for shows 161 & 162.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote