Ranger

Re: B5 Reboot?? Is it true??!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOPE THIS HAPPENS!!!!!!
Keep in mind that the animation project hasn't been confirmed. It's based on what a fan was told after some former crew people had a discussion with JMS. Possible 'game or telephone' or possibly perfectly accurate. Time will tell.
Indeed, which is why I referred to it as a rumour. I have to admit, I'm a little more sceptical about it going ahead now - would they want to do an animated series or movie based on the original series at the same time as the reboot? It could confuse some viewers.

If a potential animated production (or something else) is in the works, it wouldn't necessarily have to be with the same network or studio as the series reboot. Both Trek and SW have had multiple projects going at the same time, and if memory serves... aren't Discovery and Picard taking place in alternate timelines? While it is possible that two simultaneous B5-ish projects might dilute the fan base, am hoping that twice the projects would double the chances of one (or both) of them succeeding. JMS would probably pull the plug if the product was sub-standard, so better two than one?

Guess there is always the chance of Too Many SF Shows. The history of SF on the Wrestling Channel is certainly one where the Suits always seemed to be axing or rejecting shows to make room for others, but would think that twenty years on there are more venues for possible B5 productions, especially with the 2021 remastered versions bringing seasons 1-5 into wider circulation.