View Single Post
Old June 11th 16, 20:46   #7
Springer
Ambassador

Re: Is it time to give season 5 another chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas1701 View Post

I would like to know if any of you are there Babylon 5 fans have noticed the wolf 359 coming up and other science fiction shows. I know that has come up in Star Trek and on Doctor Who and I know I seen it listen to other shows but cannot remember the names.
Wolf 359 is a real star; it's the seventh closest star to our Solar System, just over 7 light years away, so it crops up a lot in fiction. In Star Trek: The Next Generation, Starfleet famously fought the Borg and lost at Wolf 359 in the two-part episode The Best of Both Worlds. The name Wolf 359 was then taken from this episode for a series of Star Trek and general science fiction conventions in the UK, and eventually they started running Babylon 5 conventions too. The biggest of those was in Blackpool in 1997, during the hiatus between seasons 4 and 5, and it was at the convention that Claudia Christian left the show and JMS had most of his notes for season 5 accidentally thrown away by hotel cleaning staff. So it had quite an impact on season 5 of the show!

Last edited by Springer; June 11th 16 at 20:51.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote