• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5:TLT, Success or Failure

B5:TLT, Success or Failure

• TLT was excellent overall, will definitely Buy again

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • TLT was ok overall for the budget constraints

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • TLT was a failure, if there are more i wont buy it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over Here let the DVD down

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Over There let the DVD down

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Despite Story issues, i want more B5 so will buy more

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters

Crusader

From reading the two sticky threads its obvious theres some disagreement over whether the two stories from the first volume of TLT were good or nt. So the results from this poll should be interesting.

Those choices are a little goofy for a good poll. There are two that fit equally well, for me.

I liked TLT even though I think the storyline with Lochley and that "possessed" guy was a little weak. I've watched TLT twice now, and I'd still watch it again. And it wouldn't dissuade me from buying the next B5 DVD . ;)

Well given that JMS has said that any future TLT would require a significantly larger budget, and that in a response to a recent post JMS also said that TLT has sold significantly more than WB had ecpected id imagine they will greenlight further volumes with a greater budget. Either way i would probably buy any new B5 anyway:D

I enjoyed the 2nd story more just like everyone else but overall it still is very very good :) I enjoyed it and after not seeing a new B5 movie or episode after so long it was refreshing. Hopefully if JMS gets the green light that if he can make another movie that the budget will be a little bigger. I really liked it.

Alex

Choice #6 goes pretty much hand-in-hand with a couple of the others, so I think it's fair to say that it was a success and that B5 fans are eager for more.

I selected option 2.
I watched and liked it - looking forward to new stories.

Sure, if they had possessed more time, employed more crew to build detailed 3D models of station interiors, and rendered some difficult scenes (station bays) with more complex and more adaptive techniques (which are probably in reach of modern computing power) then yes, some scenes could have looked neater...

...but that's just because I can't avoid nitpicking.

Last edited:
This is a fan site. The show could have been about Garibaldi clipping his toe nails and I still would buy more. That's what's fun/silly about being a fan.

:LOL: GKE

Although I love B5 as well, I wouldn't go as far as buying a movie about Garbaldi clipping his toenails. But I would buy just about anything B5, as long as I knew ahead of time it wouldn't be about toenails. :p

I personally enjoyed it and thought it was a success. I'm also hoping JMS releases more, preferably a movie as opposed to short episodes. Personally i thought the second story was a little better than the first.

It's very easy to notice the improved special effects that are available now even on a low budget. I also liked the obvious (to those who know, from which everyone on here probably does) nod and reference to Andreas Katsulas and Richard Biggs.

Roll on the next one

Well given that Garibaldi and Londo are 2 of my favorite characters, I would buy disc 2 for sure. I will buy the others as well but I am quite enthusiastic about the potential second disc. I hope WB increases the budget so that JMS might be able in include some minor characters as well. For example, there could be one showing Vir as the Centauri ambassador that would include Ta'lon somehow.

Now, if there was a disc showing the origins of Byron's odd pickup lines, I do know about that...

Before "willow tree" there was "You are my rotting, termite-infested patio."

This is a fan site. The show could have been about Garibaldi clipping his toe nails and I still would buy more. That's what's fun/silly about being a fan.

LOL!

Oddly enough, there was an episode of Enterprise that included a scene of Dr. Phlox doing exactly that. John Billingsly's prodigious skill made the whole grooming scene very entertaining. I'll bet a "button or zip" style scene with nail-clipping Garabaldi could be a hoot.

BTW, I voted for choice #2. I liked both stories, the second more than the first, and will be buying whatever comes next.

It's very easy to notice the improved special effects that are available now even on a low budget.

And yet some of the reviewers at Netflix and IMDb say stuff like this:

...but prepare to be disappointed at the poor quality of the CGI...

:confused: Maybe the reviewer meant the interior CGI (green screen work). He/she didn't specify.

I also liked the obvious (to those who know, from which everyone on here probably does) nod and reference to Andreas Katsulas and Richard Biggs.

It's meant to be double entendre, and yet some of the reviewers at Netflix and IMDb say stuff like this:

For example, Lochley's remark about Franklin and G'Kar having gone on an exploration trip "beyond the rim" does not make sense. We know from the B5 series that you don't come back after going "beyond the rim" (unless you are Lorien). "The rim" is supposed to be this mystical frontier beyond which only beings who have achieved the status of the First Ones and otherwise exhausted their purpose in the known universe go for eternal rest and do not come back. Yet Franklin supposedly takes a trip "beyond the rim" and comes back, as we know from his appearance in "Sleeping in Light".

"The Rim" can mean what the reviewer above thought (referring to the passing of Andreas and Rick), but it also can mean the edge of explored space. That second meaning is obviously what is meant in the story. The first meaning is a nod to Andreas and Rick, and is for us fans. I thought it was VERY well done.

Last edited:

Pre zactly!!! And RW, if it were Sheridan clipping Delenn's toenails... you'd be there!!!:D

My main disappointment is that the two stories didn't "fill in the blanks" so to speak or to expand the B5 universe in a significant way. I was hoping for more. I still am.:D IMHO it's a small start, but still a start, and I'm eagerly awaiting for more. :beer:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back