View Single Post
Old September 28th 21, 19:57   #38
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Re: NEW Babylon 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Whatever its budget, I think the new show needs to look as good as The Expanse or Discovery if it is to compete with them.

Either way, it should mean that this message board will become a much busier place!

l.
Well, I came back after 10 years! Lovely to see you all again!

Agreed on budget, CW does not have a great rep there and this is no tentpole streaming show as with Stranger Things. I hope they get a look and feel closer to The Expanse. It's a great show.

On the plus side, it's got a chance of going several seasons. https://www.cancelledscifi.com/2021/...recard-the-cw/

Overall I am genuinely conflicted I would have preferred B5 TNG over a reboot but it sounds from the Twitter thread that he has good ideas which may help. And much of the show is set on a space station.

I am anxious not to become the angry GINO type I used to argue with here, there, and everywhere ...

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote