• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Orville New Horizons (Season 3) 2022.03.10

Looney

Regular
Decided to setup a new thread for the upcoming premier of THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS aka The ORVILLE SEASON THREE on Hulu, March 10, 2022.

Most Important Info:
Hulu
March 10, 2022
Episodes should run around 70mins and be more like movies.

Most Interesting news To Babylon 5 fans......
Bruce Boxleitner will appear in THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS

EVEN MORE INTERESTING THAN THAT......
He will be in full alien makeup!!!!!! :eek::wtf::eek::LOL:

I've been wondering if it was coming back. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Any idea if Norm MacDonald was involved at all before his passing?

I definitely warmed to this show a lot over its run. Started out thinking 'why does this exist?' because it was so close to TNG.

But I must admit, it's very comforting viewing and very enjoyable. It's a TNG continuation by stealth.

I started Season Two. I forgot how much I did not love the episode Ja'Loja. It rolls of the tongue so easily and was a great concept, but the episode's focus on interpersonal relationships left me worried about Season Two on the first go-around. Glad I know better this time around and just got this one out of the way. It has some great moments in it, mostly revolving around Dan and Alara. And it has great guest stars. It isn't a terrible episode, but it is not one I need to watch repeatedly. ;)

Read waaaay back when season two ended that the third season might be the last as Seth wasn't interested in a fourth season. Has this changed with the show switching networks?

Read waaaay back when season two ended that the third season might be the last as Seth wasn't interested in a fourth season. Has this changed with the show switching networks?

I hope it's not their last season. I just started watching the show. It really found its stride in season 2.

I was slow to warm up to Orville, but I got Hulu a year or so ago to watch The Handmaid’s Tale and couldn’t help but notice Orville. Somewhere around season 2 I found myself wanting to watch more and went through the rest of the series. Then the kept delaying and delaying the release of the current season and I got a bit worried. My viewership can be the Cosmic Kiss of Death for television shows (“I started watching that in the season before it got cancelled…”). But I see they didn’t change the date again, it’s this Thursday. The previews do make it look impressive. I hope they haven’t spoiled too much.

The Orville New Horizons Episode One (OR Season Three Episode One) ELECTRIC SHEEP

OH WOW! THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS premiered on HULU and I was shocked. I did not expect that episode. I have watched it twice. ��

It is going to be interesting to see how things changes with Pre and Post pandemic filming. When the pandemic hit they already had the budget from HULU and had filmed about five episodes worth of footage. They said it wasn't the complete first five episodes, but it was a significant amount of footage from various episodes. So the question becomes, how obvious will the post-pandemic stoppage footage be? Will we see actors acting while standing at a distance from each other? Will there be a lot of talk through devices as opposed to in person? I was thinking about it in several scenes, but I think it has to be safe to assume that all the footage in episode one was pre-pandemic.

It will be very interesting to see how they handle Dr. Finn's kids. Obviously those two boy would have grown up quite a bit with amount of time that passed while they were on hold for the pandemic.

I

Last edited:
It will be very interesting to see how they handle Dr. Finn's kids. Obviously those two boy would have grown up quite a bit with amount of time that passed while they were on hold for the pandemic.I

In classic Trek they'd hit them with either a Temporal Anomaly or some disease/accident that accelerates aging. Except when the Magic Cure was found near the end of the show, they could only be restored to their original ages plus a few years. Or in Stargate terms - Close Enough.

In classic Trek they'd hit them with either a Temporal Anomaly or some disease/accident that accelerates aging. Except when the Magic Cure was found near the end of the show, they could only be restored to their original ages plus a few years. Or in Stargate terms - Close Enough.

Ha! Yes we'll see.

TALKIING THE ORVILLE on YouTube tried to confirm speculation that calling it THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS establishes we are now in a different Universe or alternate timeline. If you have seen Season Two you might recognize where there is a path for this to happen.

So we'll see if there might be a big leap forward in time or if they will get a temporal infection. :guffaw:

Seen the first two episodes now. I'd say that this show puts modern Trek to shame if it wasn't for the fact that I'm enjoying Strange New Worlds.

Seen the first two episodes now. I'd say that this show puts modern Trek to shame if it wasn't for the fact that I'm enjoying Strange New Worlds.

Off topic, but Strange New Worlds has been SO GOOD. After the disaster of DISCO and Picard, it feels like we are back to what Trek should be. Episode 6 was just classic and had me giddy with joy.

Wish they'd axe Picard and DISCO and just focus on Strange New Worlds.

Off topic, but Strange New Worlds has been SO GOOD. After the disaster of DISCO and Picard, it feels like we are back to what Trek should be. Episode 6 was just classic and had me giddy with joy.

But you are not watching THE ORVILLE? Hmmmmm.... Are you sure you don't want to watch THE ORVILLE?! :p :LOL:

Saw Wil Wheaton at a convention last week, and he also compared Strange New Worlds to classic Trek. Not sure if there's a side-opinion buried in there about the other current shows, but he had nothing but praise for Strange New Worlds.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back