Thread: Fan Films
View Single Post
Old August 20th 13, 21:02   #3
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Re: Fan Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post

JMS *couldn't* sue anybody over a B5 fan film because, as you noted, Warner's owns it. And I seem to recall that he's said some nice things about "In the Pirkinning"(sp?). What he requires is that anything to do with story ideas be kept out of his sight. He's specified fanfic in the past and one can assume that fan films would fall under the same category. But sue? Not a possibility. Warner's, yeah very likely.

Jan
Well, it's entirely possible that I'm wrong here *YET AGAIN*. (Yes, it grows tedious).

Here's what he told me (Which is less emphatically 'anti' than I recalled)

>>
REPUBLIBOT 3.0
Since you spent so much time attempting to demystify the production process, I've got to know what your take on the emerging fan film subculture is. Also, I've noticed that aside from the last act of Star Wreck: In the Pirkenning, there really haven't been any Babylon 5-related fan films. What's your take on all that?

STRACZYNSKI:
I think that by and large, they're happy with where we ended, and are okay to leave it there. If we'd ended the series on a cliffhanger, or been cut off midway, then I think there would be more of an impetus to do more fan fiction and films. But we ended on "full stop," and that makes all the difference.<<

So what did he say about Pirkenning? That's not me being argumentative, I genuinely wanna' know. I've never heard a peep out of him about it.

Kevin Long
(The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0, And The World's Greatest Living Thurl Ravenscroft Impersonator)
http://www.kevin-long.com
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote