• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Your favorite credit sequence?

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
For an upcoming feature... nominate your favorite TV show credit sequence and theme. One for overall impact that you love. This doesn't include B5.
smile.gif

This is for nominations only... so if one has been nominated, don't repeat it. Not after a consesus, just nominations. Okay?
smile.gif

I throw one into the pile...

Farscape season 3+.

ooo good topic! I've got a couple right now:

Boomtown
Enterprise (heh, although I really dont like the show)

I'm sure there were some in previous shows I have watch, but I cant think of any right now. If they come to me, Ill toss them onto the pile.

Doctor Who seasons 18-22 (all basically the same)-
The star scape and the neon logo.

24's intros are also pretty cool - no theme song and it changes from week to week. Short and to the point and keeps the viewer up to date. The use of it for the NFC Championship game was really good, too.

I kinda like CSI's opening. But then I've always liked The Who.

Along those same lines, the original Happy Days opening, when they were still using "Rock Around the Clock", was also good.

And, of course, when I was 4 years old hearing the theme to Mr. Ed was enough send me sprinting through the house to get to the TV. "A horse is a horse, of course, of course ......"

laugh.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

This doesn't include B5.

Of all time or just current shows?

Crusade.
grin.gif

Brimstone
grin.gif

Boomtown (my favorite of the current shows)

The Dead Zone

CSI

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (any season)

Angel (any season)

You are not allowing movie credit sequences, too bad. (I'd mention the Monty Python "moose" sequence if you were.
grin.gif
)

I think The Original Series of Star Trek has to be mentioned. How many people have heard and perhaps even been moved by "where no man has gone before...".
cool.gif

Yea, yea, yea, I know it's not politically correct anymore. But we KNOW what was meant. And it's truly a classic opening sequence.

*soprano voice* aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaa
aaaa aaaa aaaa

(hmm, I guess the song just doesn't translate well.
laugh.gif
)

Cheers
Law & Order
Happy Days (Rock Around the Clock)

I know there are others but I just can't think of them at the moment.

The Sopranos. Any season since they're basically the same (at least I haven't managed to notice and remember any differences).

Mostly because I love the "Woke up this morning" song that rans over the credit sequence. I even bought an A3 album just because of that.
grin.gif
It sets the mood so perfectly.

All of my favs have been taken already so I thought of a few more that when they are on, I have to watch the openings:

Friends
Star Trek DS9
Jeremiah
Robotech

Apparently lots of people missed where Antony posted if something is nominated once, dont repeat it.
grin.gif

Recoil, I was so biting my tongue not to point that out to people again.
grin.gif
But oh well.
rolleyes.gif

The Shield...

also, i always Loved the Simpsons full intro...

Birds of Prey Intro is the best one i can think of. (aimee Allen's song is perfect)

Oh ya, and Smallville is the second best i have seen in the last 3 years.

Well, being nominated by more than one person, indicates more support for that credit sequence, and you could have been going for a cutoff of only the top 5 or 10 most popular ones.

Recoil, I was so biting my tongue not to point that out to people again. But oh well.
I dont like biting my tongue. Too painful. Anyway it had to be said, so I said it.
smile.gif

Well, being nominated by more than one person, indicates more support for that credit sequence, and you could have been going for a cutoff of only the top 5 or 10 most popular ones.
KoshN. You way missed the point. These are nominations as Antony stated. Something only needs to be nominated ONCE. It isnt a popularity contest or a vote at this point and Antony made that clear. He is just gathering nominations for a FUTURE feature. I am sure all that are mentioned once are going to be pulled and considered, and perhaps at a later time he will ask for a vote. But for now all that he needs are for people to mention something once. That is what a nomination is. If he wanted the top 5 or 10, then he would have stated so and set up a poll.

KoshN. You way missed the point. These are nominations as Antony stated. Something only needs to be nominated ONCE. It isnt a popularity contest or a vote at this point and Antony made that clear. He is just gathering nominations for a FUTURE feature. I am sure all that are mentioned once are going to be pulled and considered, and perhaps at a later time he will ask for a vote. But for now all that he needs are for people to mention something once. That is what a nomination is. If he wanted the top 5 or 10, then he would have stated so and set up a poll.

*puts his tin foil hat on*

He's reading my mind again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back