• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: The Paragon Of Animals

Endgame

• Total voters
I didn't hate season 5 .. there were quite a few things about it that were quite great :D .. there were just some factors about it that really spoiled a lot of the fun of it for me.

--> Byron
--> Lochley
--> Sheridan (whom I didn't hate in season 2, 3 and 4 .. but who became a really annoying diplomat wanker in this season in my eyes)

.. it payed off in the latter half of the season at least. Pity there is a first half of the season as well :D

I agree, people don't hate S5, they hate first part of S5, but, it couldn't be helped, Claudia was gone, and the threads had to be restarted. The threads started in the first few eps of S5 were supposed to be woven into end of S4, and the end of S4 action was supposed to be stretched a couple more episodes into S5, so there was a seamless blending, rather than an all out orgasm at the end of S4 and a restart in S5.

i actually don't think I hate any of S5, but, there are a couple episodes that don't quite work for me. I don't hate Byron nearly as much as alot of people do

When I went through season 5 there were a few episodes that I missed -- my friends didn't have them on tape, or only partially. As a result I've only seen Byron at his best and most impressive ("Hit me again") while I have yet to hear a single second of the horrible song people keep talking about. As such I don't really mind him.

When I went through season 5 there were a few episodes that I missed -- my friends didn't have them on tape, or only partially. As a result I've only seen Byron at his best and most impressive ("Hit me again") while I have yet to hear a single second of the horrible song people keep talking about. As such I don't really mind him.

Oh yeah. I loved the part where Byron was hit :D .. Byron being hit GOOOD :D

Though his finest moment was still going up in a great big ball of fire. That was just awesome :D

We will all come together in a better place, a better place...

I never found them that annoying. :p

They certainly had their part(s) to play in the overall story, and the hatred you feel for Byron is basically the feeling the mundanes in the series have for him, for the most part.

I've yet to figure out WHY I don't like Byron... :D I like EVERYBODY else so this is a tough one for me! I have no problem with any other telepath, rogue or otherwise...so I'm stumped! All I know is he's not my favorite! :D I guess I can't say I never met a telepath I didn't like, huh? Except for that one guy...the Centauri telepath? Now that I think about it, :LOL: he was kind of icky, too!

I stand by what I have always said on this ... I think Byron was intended to generate mixed emotions in the viewer, i.e. we sympathise with his cause, and with what has been done to 'his people' down the years, but find his attitude and superiority complex as annoying and disturbing as Bester's.

I stand by what I have always said on this ... I think Byron was intended to generate mixed emotions in the viewer, i.e. we sympathise with his cause, and with what has been done to 'his people' down the years, but find his attitude and superiority complex as annoying and disturbing as Bester's.

I agree with most of that, but, I don't think we can really compare Bester to Byron. Bester is a character people love to hate, Byron is a character many wish didn't exist.

I'm afraid that I found both Byron, :( and the actor unfortunately, kind of like "vanilla"....just not enough punch there for me, you know? I did like the story concept, so I wonder if a different actor could have brought a little something more to it for me....

I'm afraid that I found both Byron, :( and the actor unfortunately, kind of like "vanilla"....just not enough punch there for me, you know? I did like the story concept, so I wonder if a different actor could have brought a little something more to it for me....

Well .. I disliked Byron on both the rational and the irrational level.

I found him deeply unappealing .. but even when just looking at the story lines, I found him massively disgusting. What a little hypocrite, honestly.

He basically made the very valid cause the telepaths had seem like a matter of a bunch of abused children being pissed off.

Giving Sheridan - who took down the evil empire that had been opposing him - and the Alliance, which had NOTHING to do with the problems the human race had created for its telepath took ANY credibility he had ever had from him. His actions were so dominated by hatred .. while pretending to be such a holy angelic little lamb. Honestly .. to hell with that fucker. :D .. it's the best thing that could have happened for the telepaths' cause to get rid of that kind of leader.

Dang, He's got a very full history of Video game voicing, at least 75.

Boxie, you Didn't like the actor? So you dislike Morann in "In the Beginning" who was also played by Robin Atkin Downes?

Giving Sheridan - who took down the evil empire that had been opposing him - and the Alliance, which had NOTHING to do with the problems the human race had created for its telepath took ANY credibility he had ever had from him.

Sorry, Chilli. It may be the cold I caught but I can't for the life of me see where the "Giving Sheridan - " part of this leads to. I know you had a point, did you leave a key word out somewhere? :confused:

I think the word left out was "blame" hyp. Byron and his group blamed Sheridan, Delenn, and the Alliance for their current suffering/repression they experienced at the hands of the Earth Alliance government because Sheridan and Delenn were in a position to help telepaths establish a homeworld of their own independent from EarthGov. Byron and his group believed that Sheridan and Delenn had a moral imperative and the responsibility to do so because they were the leaders of the war that the Vorlons essentially bred telepaths to be weapons for. But now that the war was over, Sheridan and Delenn, in the opinions of Byron and his group, were just not concerned with the deathgrip-tight rules that telepaths were forced to live under; as long as the telepaths served their purpose as weapons, they were then pushed aside or forgotten as Sheridan and Delenn went about forming their new galactic government.

My reaction to Byron? First, he was an idiot, because he tried to scare people into doing what he wants. Which rarely ends well. Second, he was doubly an idiot, because he should have gone straight to Delenn. If anyone could wrastle the League into doing something positive, it was Delenn -- and if any race had spare planets lying around, it was the Minbari.

Back