• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 and You Tube ?

dencor

Regular
HELP ! Every now and then I check out You Tube for new B5 videos. My favorite to watch and listen to was titled " Memories ". A beautiful video celebrating the love between John and Delenn. Well, damn You Tube deleted it for violating thier policies. Go figure, compared to some of the other videos on YT I do not get it.... Ok , I am a little pissed.

Iit was the best B5 video I had come across in some time and I could never get bored watching it. It was perfect. So my question is, has anyone else here seen the video and would they know of another site where it might be posted. HELP !

thanks
dennis

Thanks Bester. The song is the right one but the wrong video. Whom ever made the video used that song by Within Temptation and then put in scenes from B5. The video was as Kosh would say " A moment of perfect beauty. " On that same link, I noticed the correct video ( BABYLON 5 MEMORIES ) but unfortunatly it has been deleted on that site as well. It was on You Tube for about a year so why they would delete it after all that time is a mystery to me. Thanks for trying and I am not going to give up easily on this.

dennis

Last edited:
Hi all.
I am Silencer, the creator of "Babylon 5 Memories", originally posted on FIRSTONES.COM
I was rather shocked when Youtube took that video down without warning, but that they deleted all of my personal films - of which I am the copyright holder. They also deleted the the account the next day. As a person who makes his living in the motion picture industry, I felt my video fell under Canadian Fair Use policy. I still feel it does.

I still retain the high resolution original. If you would like to see it, please just let me know where you would like it uploaded. Canadians cannot use Hulu.

I would love to see this video out there, being enjoyed again.
Cheers.

Hello Silencer and thank you for that wonderful video. I dont pretend to understand copyright laws but hopefully your video can find a new home...somewhere. Its to good not to be seen. If you could send it to my email that would be great. ( I sent you a message with my email address ) If you can't, I understand. If I can think of a website were it will not be deleted, I will let you know.

thanks
dennis

Last edited:
Welcome to B5TV, Silencer. Have you tried to find out from Youtube why they deleted your account? I am guessing that someone reported the B5 stuff as copyright infringement or something. However, I have seen so many other homages to B5 that are still up that I can't quite grasp why yours would be targeted.

I have a love/hate relationship with YouTube. Not so long ago they effectively blocked all official music video content from the UK... just because agreement couldn't be reached between labels and the site management.

I also don't like it when music that is never going to get a commercial release... gets blanked on YT. One example being the music to the ill-fated modern series of Hornblower. No mention has ever been made with respect to a soundtrack ever being in the works, so YT start pulling music vids apart relating to it.

If they released it commercially I'd buy it off iTunes, I always do... but they would rather keep it in a dank vault than heaven forbid allow people to possibly enjoy it.

I can understand not wanting to do packaging and production runs of a cd... but why not just release it digitally and let the punters decide?

Hi all.
I am Silencer, the creator of "Babylon 5 Memories", originally posted on FIRSTONES.COM
I was rather shocked when Youtube took that video down without warning, but that they deleted all of my personal films - of which I am the copyright holder. They also deleted the the account the next day. As a person who makes his living in the motion picture industry, I felt my video fell under Canadian Fair Use policy. I still feel it does.

The video could also have fallen under professional use - YouTube may have been required to pay the actors and/or Warner Brothers each time the video was shown.

The BBC has a special agreement with YouTube, you may have to sign a similar distribution agreement.

Latest posts

Members online

Back