View Single Post
Old February 14th 06, 13:36   #27
Springer
Ambassador

Re: EpDis: And The Rock Cried Out No Hiding Place

I dunno, I just find "The Rock Cried Out..." just a bit dull. Londo's fascinating as always with his scheming (how come he was never any good at poker? He should be a master at it!), and Refa's death is a great scene, but on the flipside there's the subplot with Sheridan learning to appreciate Delenn and involve her in his life more which just bores me. And the ending is cheesy, and really with all the hi-tech technology on B5 couldn't some computer have worked out the Shadow's plan much quicker than Sheridan?

Its also the last time we see Brother Theo. I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I'm edging towards good thing.

I know its a breather between all the intense episodes, and I'm all for having episodes that aren't full of explosions and 'end of the world' conversations (for example, I actually like 'By Any Means Necessary'), I just don't particularly identify with this one. Are people rating it just based on the scene with the gospel music? (And didn't JMS write that gospel music? After Walkabout he seems to be on a songwriting roll)

Wait, why are you all looking at me like that?! Someone has to not like it!
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote