View Single Post
Old February 13th 06, 17:55   #25
Ninja_Squirrel
First One

Re: EpDis: And The Rock Cried Out No Hiding Place

Quote:
More importantly, this one just gets under my skin more. It's more sly and intricate and intimate. Come to think of it, this may well be a contender for my favorite episode.
I agree.

As I've probably mentioned in the forums here before, seeing this episode when it aired for the first time was when I finally shook off some of my stubborn Star Trek geekitude and finally declared that Babylon 5 is better than Trek. As geeky as I was about Star Trek when I was in high school and college, coming to that conclusion was more significant than it my sound.

I think in terms of overall quality and excitement, there may be bigger, flashier, more arc-important episodes, such as Severed Dreams and Into the Fire. But, I would say I *like* this episode even better than WWE1&2, Shadow Dancing, Z'Ha'Dum, Into the Fire, Face of the Enemy, Endgame, etc. Off the top of my head, I might only like Severed Dreams more than this episode.

In fact, even if they're not usually considered the "best" episodes, it's often the quieter, more poignant episodes like Confessions and Lamentations and Passing Through Gethsemane that I put among my *favorite* episodes. In fact, Quality of Mercy is my favorite season one episode, and with competition from Babylon Squared and Chrysalis, I'm probably in the minority on that opinion.

Yeah, And the Rock Cried Out... is definitely one of my favorite hours of TV of all time.
Ninja_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote