• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Children of Dune (spoilers)

Re: Children of Dune

Two years.

Good to know... spoilers now added to title.

It's been as a warning on the top of this forum for about six months. Admittedly it's not there right at this minute, but server change and all... I assumed most people would remember. I assumed wrong.

CoD was excellent..i loved seeing susan! maybe now she will travel with the cons! that would be awesome!!

i loved it..it was great it was fab@! and PT, I also had the same thought "the GODFATHER" ending!

weird!

I was disappointed CoD just stopped where it did..I wanted More like the

spoilers:

transfromation of arakas to green.

did anyone feel sorry for the worms??

I agree. Say what you will about Lynch not being faithful to the story, I thought there was a lot to admire about the movie. For one, the music was simply incredible... probably one of the best science-fiction soundtracks since the original Star Wars. The acting talent they were able to get was extraordinary. And frankly, I thought it had a lot of style.

Maybe spoilers here, not sure, it's a question:

Spoiler space

I admit, I have not seen the last night of COD. But wouldn't you think they'd think twice before toying with the only planet in the world that has spice?

Rain = death to the worms. Wouldn't more than one person be a bit afraid that this ecological change could end spice production?

And just why has no one before every tried to adapt worms to other worlds? :confused:

It's been as a warning on the top of this forum for about six months. Admittedly it's not there right at this minute, but server change and all... I assumed most people would remember. I assumed wrong.

Sorry, it's only been a couple of weeks since I've been back... must have missed it.

Or you're like me and tend to ignore "signs". :LOL:

I swear, I was in an airport once. Disoriented (I not only hate travel I get motion sickness so I had taken Drammamine) and confused, I walked up to a booth and asked where I could get some information. Directly above my head was a huge sign that said "INFORMATION". :LOL:

Or you're like me and tend to ignore "signs".

Oh I have those tendacies as well, but I was out-of-the country for a long while. I was surprised that my account was still active at all.

Yea, I had thought you had left. Hope you had a good trip. And you might have come back just in time. I think Antony mentioned deleting old accounts. But I guess those were really, REALLY old accounts that he got rid of.

I've not got rid of any accounts yet (well, not really)... will do a purge soon though.

Another thing regardind the CoD spoilers, yes it did end last night, but there are encore presentations of it later on (I think this coming Sunday). So people who missed it the first time around will have other chances.

did anyone notice the SHADAM (SADDAM) and ARAKUS (IRAQ)

references???

Considering that Dune was published in 1965, I think it's a coincidence. And the actually spellings are "Shaddam" (Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV) and "Arrakis".

you are busting me for spelling errors??? :confused: :confused: :LOL: :LOL:

actually, its the coincidence...I was asking about, I wasn't asking when the book was written.

Remind me not to mention the coincidences of 1984 that r happening now... :eek:

I loved the first 2 parts of CoD, but was real dissapointed with the third. I can't really figure out why though. It jsut seemed...never to climax. I don't know. Maybe my expectations ruined it, I'll watch it again when I buy the DVD

Overall, I thought it was pretty good. However, I wish they did explain more things (strange words, relationships, etc.) because I have never read the books and I didn't feel like re-watching the first mini-series again just to get caught up.

Like you A_Ranger, the third part seemed to drag on forever while the other two came to an end faster than I expected them to. :)

It was nice to see SciFi produce something with quality! An oxymoron I know. :LOL: I thought this was a more worthwhile project than Taken which I could only manage to get halfway through. :(

BTW, I am glad someone mentioned the spoiler issue because I had to stop reading after a while since I had only seen the first part at the time. :(

I've just finished watching it on tape. (Have trouble staying up till eleven on school nights. :p) I think it came off better than the first series, but still seemed kind of dull - lots of wooden acting. And I think the CGI was overused and unconvincing.

But I liked that they merged the two books together as opposed to dragging out the story even further. I never even made it through the first book (!) because of the exhausting attention to detail. The pace was really good on the first two nights. I'm wondering if the series they're planning takes on the rest of the novels ???

And forgive me for being a David Lynch fan, but I always liked the theatrical movie better than that the telemovie. The story may not have been as accurate, but the acting was miles better.

I had no problems with the acting in either of the mini-series. I think people's complaints are due to the theatrical style of it. Almost all the main actors were theatrically trained, and the whole style of the mini series was very theatrical. Guess it just doesn't work for some people. Oh well

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back