• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Galactica Miniseries...

Hey, the effects and the sets look better than the original series so dont be too critical now...

We haven't seen the effects yet. The Viper looks familiar but many of the other original concepts will be vastly different from TOS.

It definitely looks cheesy, even in those small photos.
I can smell it from here...
And they are definitely going for "young", as well.

Re: Galactica: Remake Opposition Ad

The hard core BG fans keep wishing for a conclusion to the original series. The only way I see that happening would be as a computer game. Even then it would be a long shot of it ever happening.

Just like Crusade and Brimstone, except for the "a computer game" part of it. :( Replace "a computer game" with "novels" for Crusade.

Of course they're going for young. Youth is "in" these days, in case you haven't noticed. ;)

I'm telling you, it won't be long now before the universe of Logan's Run becomes a reality!
Ooops, I'm over 30, I'd better get off to the carrousel and hope I get reborn.

Yup, zootle, nobody loves you anymore. Nobody wants to aim any products or TV shows towards you. How do you feel? :)

Yup, zootle, nobody loves you anymore. Nobody wants to aim any products or TV shows towards you. How do you feel? :)

Well, I'd go and throw myself out of my bedroom window in order to try and kill myself if it wasn't for the fact that my house only has two floors, ground and first. So a fall from my bedroom window will likely only annoy me rather than do any significant damage.
I knew there had to be a good reason to live in a high rise appartment block...

Actually, 18 to 34 is the primary target demo, so turning 30 isn't fatal in Media Land.

Which has suddenly led me to realize that Arbitron axed me shortly after I turned 35. Hm... <pondering>

First off I have to say, I loved Logan's Run (the movie, not the tv series).

I looked at the pictures for the new BG and ironically was watching an episode of the original on Sci Fi at the same time. I dont know, I do want to see it but if they are targeting a younger audience then Im sure that means a lot of mushy romance.

Of course they're going for young. Youth is "in" these days, in case you haven't noticed. ;)

I'm telling you, it won't be long now before the universe of Logan's Run becomes a reality!

Or in the case of Soyolant Green where its off to casserole.

Sorry Channe, but that may be the dumbest thing I have read in here lately.

Why is that a crime? They went for "young" when I watched the ORIGINAL series. I was like 6 or 7 and I remember loving it as a kid, which is what got me into it in the first place. If they didn't aim for the young crowd back then then there wouldn't be thousands of B.G. fans bitching about this new release. The problem is us young folks have all growed up and now we complain and whine like adults and curse TV people for gearing some shows to younger viewers --- completely forgetting that we got hooked on said shows when WE were young.

Most people complaining about this release are pretty hypocritical...

Dude, I was being sarcastic and attempting to work what little funny I have. I'm not whining about anything.

They went for "young" when I watched the ORIGINAL series.

Well, not quite. Those pictures show a very clearly much younger Baltar. He was much older in the original series (John Colicos was about 50 when he made the show). Both Hatch and Benedict (Apollo and Starbuck) were in their mid 30's when they made the show.
Now, whilst the guy they've got playing Apollo is 30 (although only just according to IMBb), the chick they've got playing Starbuck is about 23.

So clearly they've gone for younger this time around in relation to the original series.

Ah.

Well several others that reacted to your comment could be whining, so the theory still applies. :)

Re: Galactica: Remake Opposition Ad

Maybe something will come of the proposed Wing Commander series.

Didn't know there were plans for a Wing Commander series. I love the game and have to admit that love the movie. That surely could be something good to watch. :) Where did you see the info about it?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back