Old June 26th 18, 16:34   #6
Springer
Ambassador

Re: Endgadget article on B5 effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Is it really that controversial? JMS always said that the split from Foundation was monetary and being unwilling to meet their terms. Severed Dreams was a big episode and undoubtedly cost a lot. It stands to reason that the producers would be concerned about increasingly larger bills from Foundation whenever a big episode hit. Imagine how much they'd have charged for Endgame.
Suffice to say that there was a major conflict of interest there.
Ah, I see what you're referring to now. Since I have zero facts about that particular allegation, I'll bow out of that part of the discussion.

Still, it's interesting to know that it cost an extra $100,000 to do the effects for Severed Dreams. The average budget per episode for the show was about $800,000 wasn't it? It shows how ambitious an episode that was, and gives some indication of what the special effects cost. Season 3 in particular was very effects laden compared to the previous two seasons, I always wondered how they budgeted for it.

A bit more about Teranex here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/teranex

If only...
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote