• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sci-Fi Channel continues to hit new lows...

KoshN, I thought that a letter like that is immediately thrown away, the moment someone openning the mail sees the word "suck" it'll probably go into the "round file" as they say.

There was an article last week about a woman who is now in the process of suing the producers of "Scare Tactics". She was scared out of her mind and had no idea she was being filmed and didn't like it when she found out. Now she's suing for damages inflicted upon her body when in a scared state she ran off and fell down.

I saw the headline for the Sci-Fi suit, but didn't catch the specifics.

I've been waiting for this kind of thing, though I was betting on it to happen to Fear Factor first.

What won't networks do for ratings? (Aside from show well thought out, quality programming, that is.)

What won't networks do for ratings? (Aside from show well thought out, quality programming, that is.)

Nothing I think.
blush.gif
It has gotten so sick it is depraved.
mad.gif

There was an article last week about a woman who is now in the process of suing the producers of "Scare Tactics". She was scared out of her mind and had no idea she was being filmed and didn't like it when she found out. Now she's suing for damages inflicted upon her body when in a scared state she ran off and fell down.

I hope they all get sued out of reality.

I want authors again.
frown.gif

I want people who can write interesting stories.
frown.gif

Am I so, terribly, alone?
frown.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by hypatia: </font color>
I hope they all get sued out of reality.

I want authors again.
frown.gif

I want people who can write interesting stories.
frown.gif

Am I so, terribly, alone?
frown.gif

Are you so, terribly, alone? No.

Oh, come on. I know everyone here is secretly biting their nails in anticipation of the premiere of Tremors: The Series.

I've heard that it's actually a subversive show, scathingly critical of the current state of the political world, cunningly disguised as a shite show about giant worms.

But I'm sure I won't be smart enough to figure it out!
grin.gif

But I know I'LL be watching it.... with the hope that it won't suck completely. Anyways, it has GOT to be better than Black Scorpion. I mean, I at least enjoyed the Tremors movies.

Oh, come on. I know everyone here is secretly biting their nails in anticipation of the premiere of Tremors: The Series.
Well that might be the way to get lots of people to watch the series ... if they chew their fingers off they won't be able to easily change the channel.
laugh.gif

Yeah. Black Scorpion was, well, BS.
wink.gif

I'll probably give Tremors a shot, too. The original movie was a pleasant surprise.

I'm far more interested in SFC mini-series like Children of Dune and Chronicles of Amber though.

I've been a fan of DUNE for years but so far the trailers for CHILDREN OF DUNE haven't shown me much. I'll watch and hope I am pleasantly surprised when I watch the entire mini-series. But I'm not holding my breath.

How can you make a series about a town with giant worm monsters. There is just no way to drum up any sympathy for any character who finds out their town is infested and does not move.

And exactly how long can they explain away the lack of military intervention.

Not gonna waste one second of my time watching.

I am definitely not watching Tremors. To think they got rid of Farscape & Rangers for a show about giant worms...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Tammy

Those are some of the reasons why I'm doubtful of the Tremors series. I mean, technically, it probably shouldn't have even gone past the first movie, let alone to a frelling SERIES. Will we get to see a new mutation EVERY EPISODE? I mean, I'm sure they're going to do some things with it to stretch the lifespan out a bit, but in the end, all you have is Michael Gross and some other people running around doing stuff while the multiple forms of the Graboid do stuff.

Also, I do have a reasonably high threshold for lousy TV. I think I watched Black Scorpion nearly every Friday until it finally got moved to Saturday nights. Why, I don't know. I suppose it's just the "Friday Night Syndrome", caught from such classic lineups as the old TGIF on ABC, the various incarnations of Fox's Friday night lineup, and of course, Sci-Fi's past and present lineups.

And that, as "they" say, is that.

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by G Kar of the Kha Ri: </font color>
Also, I do have a reasonably high threshold for lousy TV. I think I watched Black Scorpion nearly every Friday until it finally got moved to Saturday nights.

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

That's not a "reasonably high threshold." That's being completely insensitive to PAIN.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Heh. I suppose so. I still don't know why I tuned in week after week. Heck, after.... maybe the first episode, I KNEW it was complete and utter crap. It's just..... I dunno. Anyways, now I have a decent supply of DVDs, so if there's nothing on, I don't have to suffer like that anymore.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back