• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Passing of Michael O'Hare

Raw Shark

Regular
From JMS today via Facebook:

"I regret that I must convey the sad news that Michael O'Hare passed away today. He suffered a heart attack on Sunday and was in a coma until his passing this afternoon. This is a terrible loss for all B5 fans and everyone involved with the show wishes to convey their condolences to the O'Hare family. He was an amazing man."

I was a big fan of his from the start. I thought his voice conveyed the depth of B5. R.I.P.

Raw Shark

Damn. More sad news out of the B5 universe. Sometime back, I remember JMS asking on Facebook for fans help in locating Michael O'Hare. I think JMS posted that he was found and that things were not good or as suspected, though not sure on that. Mr. O'Hare, I guess left Hollywood sometime after B5 and I cannot remember the last time he attended a SciFi convention. So most of us never had the chance to meet him. I did like his portrayal of Sinclair and admit, I was a litte upset when he did not return to B5 after season 1. My prayers go out to Mr. O'Hares family and close friends. He will be missed. In memory still bright.

[sigh] Nothing's the same anymore. :( I never met him, either, and also loved his acting as Sinclair.

Michael O'Hare (Sinclair): 09/28/2012
Jeff Conaway (Zack Allen): 05/27/2011
Edward Woodward (Alwyn): 11/16/2009
Johnny Sekka (Dr. Kyle): 09/14/2006
Andreas Katsulas (G’Kar): 02/13/2006
Tim Choate (Zathras): 09/24/2004
Richard Biggs (Dr. Franklin): 05/22/2004

A much more complete list that OmahaStar posted on JMS News:
http://www.comicmix.com/news/obituaries/2012/09/28/michael-ohare-2012/
....plus Michael O'Hare (Sinclair): 09/28/2012.

Last edited:
Incredibly sad to hear this. I loved Sinclair as a character and I don't like it when people moan about the 1st season on account of him. It seems appropriate that today, the day we hear this... is the feast of St. Michael.

"Commander Sinclair is being reassigned."

Rest in peace and may his family know the warmth and light of comfort during this terrible time

Such sad news indeed. I just rewatched War Without End a few days ago too...

My tribute:

B5tribute_OHare_zps98230adc.jpg

Real shame. I rewatched the B5 some time ago (like a year) and it just hit me, that I've never met most of the guys and gals of that show... and now... well. Sigh. May he rest in piece.

Any chance of someone putting together a video tribute to the memory of Michael O'Hares character; like was done for Richard and Andreas ? I would do it myself but am not good at such things. Ill be watching " AND THE SKY FULL OF STARS, " this night in memory of Michael O'Hare. I can't explain it. I never knew Mr. O'Hare but I am sad and almost in tears.

Any chance of someone putting together a video tribute to the memory of Michael O'Hares character; like was done for Richard and Andreas ? I would do it myself but am not good at such things. Ill be watching " AND THE SKY FULL OF STARS, " this night in memory of Michael O'Hare. I can't explain it. I never knew Mr. O'Hare but I am sad and almost in tears.

Yeah... Sinclair's arc lends really well to a video tribute. I was looking for one all yesterday but there are only a few segmented bits.

Sad to hear... and not much useful to say. I wonder though, why do I expect there to be something *useful* to say... can't be. :(

I am very saddened to hear of this news. I loved the character of Sinclair and I actually do have his autograph, so I at least have some type of personal momento from him. He will forever live on in B5 though.

Michael O'Hare (Sinclair): 09/28/2012
Jeff Conaway (Zack Allen): 05/27/2011
Edward Woodward (Alwyn): 11/16/2009
Johnny Sekka (Dr. Kyle): 09/14/2006
Andreas Katsulas (G’Kar): 02/13/2006
Tim Choate (Zathras): 09/24/2004
Richard Biggs (Dr. Franklin): 05/22/2004

Someone posted on the AVS forum, "Does everyone from that show die young?" That seems all too close to the truth. It's very sad.

Man, I can't believe I haven't checked in at this board for almost a week, and in failing to do so, come in late to this news. There is little that I can say that won't be woefully insufficient. :( It is sad to lose yet another who helped to build one of the best tv stories of all time. Peace be to his loved ones.

Wow. Haven't been here in a while and wanted to check up on things. I return to some very sad news. Sorry to see him go. Well before his time. B5 couldn't have been B5 without him. :(

Terrible news.

I've only met two members of the B5 cast and he was the only one I went out of my way to see. I really missed him after Season 1.

Latest posts

Members online

Back