• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Stargate Universe

Demonn

Regular
Just a reminder or a heads up for those that are interested in Stargate... the Premiere of Stargate Universe is on the SyFy Channel tonight @ 9. It's 2 hours long. I kinda lost track of Atlantis but not by choice & these days I'm not a huge fan of the SyFy Channel, but there's not much you can do about it.

I guess you could send them crushed up crackers in an envelope but then they'd just think it was anthrax. :p
RIP Farscape. :(

http://www.gateworld.net/universe/s1/100.shtml

I'm planning on checking it out. Already have my DVR set, but I'll probably watch it live.

As for Atlantis, I liked it. It's kind of a bummer they cancelled it. I admit I didn't much care for Mr. Woolsey. I like the show better with either Elizabeth Weir or Samantha Carter running Atlantis.

I'm not sure I like all the drama in this show... it looks like they're all going to kill each other.

The apparent change in "mood" for this series was beginning to put me off a bit, but I must say that it was pretty enjoyable. I'm also digging Robert Carlyle's character. Then again, I just like Robert Carlyle.

After watching it I guess I can say it's not too bad. I'll have to watch a few more episodes to make more of a judgement. It looks like it could be interesting though.

I'm also digging Robert Carlyle's character. Then again, I just like Robert Carlyle.
Yeah me too... & I'm curious to see what happened with his wife, or whoever was in that picture. I also couldn't get why everybody kept giving him shit when it looked like he was the only one who had his stuff together. Also nobody trusts him... WTF? The whole episode I was hoping the Colonel would die and Dr. Rush would actually take command.

I like Stargate & I used to watch it all the time but I remember I would get so frustrated when they had an episode which they didn't accomplish anything in. Like when they go back in time and just fix something that went wrong, so technically nothing happened. How can you do an episode about that?

That's why I loved Atlantis... they discovered a whole city...

Anywho... They discovered a huge Ancient ship, that's cool. I guess my biggest fear right now is they're gonna turn this show into such a dramatic soap opera that by the end of the season they blow up the ship and kill each other.

Ohh, yeah... I don't even really like most of the characters. I was like cool, Lou Diamond Philips. The dude isn't even on the ship. Frick.

Lt. Scott seems ok but it looks like he's already trying to get with a second chick & that's just gonna add to the drama.

Colonel Young... I'm guessing, but it looks like he had an affair, or at least an improper relationship with the medic chick.

The Sergeant guy needs medicated... I don't like him.

I think the Chinese chick is a shrink which is just not good. She know's everybodies issues & she looks like a biotch. That's not gonna end well, maybe Sergeant what's his face can shoot her.

Looks like they're gonna have Lt. Scott get involved with Chloe like you alluded to, Demonn. I hope this isn't a sign that the whole show is going to turn into a who's screwing who thing. I do like both of them though.

I'm curious to see what they're going to find on that planet. ;)

As for Dr. Rush, I wasn't sure of him at first, but I'm beginning to like him. Levi's a dork, but he's actually kinda funny. The blond chick is kinda pretty.

More blatent racism with the Scotsman forced to talk like a poofy sassenach bassa :LOL:

Same things as BSG that annoyed me,lightweight military that go to peices at the drop of a hat and a predictable story line to a certain extent.

Enjoyable though and I reckon yon Scotsman with the dodgy accent is a right fly sleekit wee man man and had a bit of a hand in what happened.

Was probably looking for Scotty to pick up some dialect tips :LOL:

I kinda liked it but it reminded me a bit too much of Galactica, what with the corroded piece of crap spaceship, darker than dark corridors, sex, mad scientist and stuff. Didn't exactly find any of the actors that interesting either. At least the CG segments look nice.

All in all, it didn't feel like Stargate, and I'm not even that big of a fan (past MacGyver).

Looks like they're gonna have Lt. Scott get involved with Chloe like you alluded to, Demonn. I hope this isn't a sign that the whole show is going to turn into a who's screwing who thing. I do like both of them though.
I do too... just not with each other. Scott should stick with the chick he was banging (who was actually pretty hot) at the beginning of the ep and Chloe should go to the nerdy kid. I liked their interactions before everything went to hell.

& another thing... the way she introduced herself was stupid. She should have just been like... I work for Senator Ahole. then she coulda been like... he's my father.

I'm curious to see what they're going to find on that planet. ;)
Probably a whole lot of nothin'... that'll increase the drama. & I bet the whole time Dr. Rush is off the ship & doing something productive somebody is gonna screw something up on the ship. Colonel Young will try to take complete command or something.

As for Dr. Rush, I wasn't sure of him at first, but I'm beginning to like him. Levi's a dork, but he's actually kinda funny. The blond chick is kinda pretty.
I just hope they don't turn Dr. Rush into the creepy scary doctor guy that goes crazy. The kid was cool, he's my second favorite character. & I don't know about the medic chick yet... her hair was so dyed I just havent formed an opinion yet.

At least the CG segments look nice.
Yeah... I liked the opening shot of the ship... gave you an idea of how big it really is. I'm looking 4ward to at least seeing more of the ship. I just hope they don't blow it up.

Chloe should go to the nerdy kid. I liked their interactions before everything went to hell.

Yeah, with the way they interacted in the beginning, I would have thought he would be the one she'd hook up with.

Well I guess her dad died so she'll have to bang the cool guy and get it out of her system... then when he dumps her she'll go for him. :p

The gun he walked around with for the whole 2 hours of the show... sling it over your shoulder or something. :p

I like Scott too.

This ep was boring, IMO. All they did was wander around that planet and see mirages. :rolleyes:

I thought it was pretty good in some ways, but the show is still a mixed bag for me. I keep wanting it to go back into a more typical by-the-numbers Stargate approach, and then I get more shaky "you paid for the whole seat but you'll only need the EDDDDDDDDDDGE" moments that conjure up that feeling that they're perhaps obviously trying to inject some sort of BSG Reboot/Some-Other-Example-Show-I-Can't-Think-Of voodoo into the old SG formula, and I just can't figure out if I can like that, or want to, or need to, or whatever.

Either way, I'm still going to continue giving it a shot, as I feel that it'll most likely end up going to some interesting places once it gets a little further off the ground.

And I'm not sure if they were doing it during SGU or what, as I didn't seem to notice it then, but the screen crap they were using that I finally noticed during Sanctuary where the shadowy hand would suddenly reach out and snatch up the "31 Days of Halloween" logo in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen really creeped me the hell out the first time I paid it any attention. It was just subtle enough to actually make me wonder what the hell was going on. Scariest thing they've done in years, I think. HA!

Latest posts

Members online

Back