• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Why did the Gentlemen want 7 hearts?

Why did the demons that took Giles' amulet leave him alive?

Why did Ethan Rayne turn Giles into a demon?

Which incidentally also answers why the writers left Spike alive, if not explaining the Scoobies.

Hush is one of the very greatest.

The writers left Spike alive because he's awesome, natch. Still is silly that Buffy left Spike alive, if you know what I mean.

"You really thought I was going to marry someone names Spike?"

Angel download should be finished by the time I'm ready to watch TV today. I understand he opens some kind of detective agency with Cordelia. Hell with that- I want a detective agency operated by Giles, Xander, Anya and Spike.

Angel Investigations, consisting of Angel, Cordelia, and Doyle, whom you haven't met yet. And much like Buffy, the cast of Angel increases and changes as the show goes on.

Killing off a lazy hazy (sweaty hot damp I fucking hate summer) Sunday afternoon with Angel season 1, Summer Ale, the best Kosher pastrami on rye with mustard this side of the Goethals bridge, and ripe watermelon from the farmer's market.

I like this. It's like a procedural show but with, like, vampires 'n' stuff.

That opening scene with the hidden blades- did the makers of Assasin's Creed 2 watch that? 'Cause it looked exactly like in the video game.

The episode with the guy that can detach his body parts... wow... so, so bad... but, like, so bad it's good, like Evil Dead 2 or something... this is fantastic.

The Nazi demons were in "Hero," right? You're really blasting along at season one of Angel. I'm glad you seem to be enjoying it, given your previously expressed boredom/annoyance with the character Angel.

The Nazi demons were in "Hero," right? You're really blasting along at season one of Angel. I'm glad you seem to be enjoying it, given your previously expressed boredom/annoyance with the character Angel.

Well as I hinted at before, I'm spending the day at home. I'm also kinda doing other stuff like winning the out of print gold CD of Creedence Clearwater Revival's Willy & the Poor Boys on ebay, using the down-time to actually add fabric softener to my laundry which I usually forget, email apologies to various women, etc. This is why I compared it to a procedural show- it makes good "background" TV.

As for Angel himself, he was annoying on Buffy because of the romance emotional crap that the actor just wasn't as good at. There's almost none of that here- he's pretty much just kicking ass, and he's very good at that.

Of course there was Buffy's visit, and I'll admit I got a little swept up in all that drama, and how one remembers the perfect day and the other doesn't (thus cleverly not effecting the action for Buffy-only viewers).

Also, you know what's awesome? Cordelia's chest. Sorry, I know that's crass, but the costume deparment insist on these tight sweaters and half-shirts.

Also, you know what's awesome? Cordelia's chest. Sorry, I know that's crass, but the costume deparment insist on these tight sweaters and half-shirts.

Why the hell are you apologising for that? Cordelia's chest was by far the best thing about season 1 of Angel. :)

Professer-Commander Walsh's turn on Buffy was both illogical and poorly planned.

I actually like Riley a lot- not necessarily as a personality, but for his role on the show, as a contrast to Buffy's style of being a hero. And I'm a sucker for stories about military types in moral peril.

Right now the most interesting mystery became why Willow's witch partner (and probable future romantic partner) sabotaged the demon-finding spell.

Anya has Oz-hair.

Professer-Commander Walsh's turn on Buffy was both illogical and poorly planned.

Walsh has a certain obession with Riley and she didn't like how much Riley likes Buffy.

Right now the most interesting mystery became why Willow's witch partner (and probable future romantic partner) sabotaged the demon-finding spell.

You won't find out why until next season.

The idea of bringing Faith in the mix right when all the other stuff with Frankenstein and the army guys is hitting its highest conflict mode is an inspired move. In terms of pure plot development, it's my favorite idea in the whole series.

My favorite specific scene that Faith-in-Buffy had was the altercation with Spike. Can't wait to see the consequences of that.

And also it was nice to finally see what else the Watcher's Council had up their sleeves besides wimpy British stereotypes in libraries.

So, you're most recent Buffy was the Faith's return two parter? Did you catch all the way up on Angel to alternate between Buffy and Angel? If not, don't watch Buffy's "The Yoko Factor" until after you watch Angel's "Five By Five" and "Sanctuary."

So, you're most recent Buffy was the Faith's return two parter? Did you catch all the way up on Angel to alternate between Buffy and Angel? If not, don't watch Buffy's "The Yoko Factor" until after you watch Angel's "Five By Five" and "Sanctuary."

Yeah- and my other Angel download, the one for the complete series, just finished, so I can watch whatever I want in whatever order, so I'm gonna try alternating tonight. It also means I won't have to switch the audio channel from German to English periodically.

When I watch serialized TV shows I really really like being fucked with. Go ahead, TV, confuse me, stun me, make go "huh? lol!"

Opening an episode with Buffy & Friends seeking help from Jonathan the eternal loser and putting him in the credits was genius.

The only minor quibble was that they went so overboard with everyone's worship of him that it was easy to guess that it was a spell real early into the ep. But the fact that they were simultaneously able to advance the various story lines while doing this gimmick was inspired.

And then they did a really lame episode where they attack both sexually active people and puritanical types. This show's attitude on sexuality is really disturbing to me.

That Buffy-Riley sex romp episode -- "Were The Wild Things Are" -- was written specifically so that Buffy wouldn't have much to do in the episode as SMG was a might bit busy filming something else at the same time. I find it to be a rather uninteresting episode.

Latest posts

Members online

Back