View Single Post
Old April 25th 18, 11:36   #8
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Possible 2018 San Diego Comic Con Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
What is this new system you speak of Jan? I really only go to Cons to meet people and get autographs, so I am always curious to hear the new methods for how things are being done.
With the more popular sigings they've always had people draw tickets and if the fan got a ticket marked a certain way they could get the autograph. Naturally, being SDCC, people would line up in the wee hours of the morning to try to just get in the line to draw the ticket (what can I say? SDCC can be hard work!) With the new system, it's an online lottery. So, same results, just more sleep (or at least a less agonizing choice about what line and when) and knowing ahead of time. The only real downside I see is that the lottery is held before the schedule comes out so if there's a conflict between the signing and a must-do panel...well, like I said, SDCC is hard work - and many choices. :-)
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote