• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Top Ten moments in sci-fi...

Also, Harrison Ford delivered them very well. I don't know, there's just something about his voice, and that situation. Great stuff.

And I felt that the voiceover gave the movie a sort of 30s film noire quality.

Besides, in this case Demon, you and I aren't perverse, the other two are. They're reacting in a contrary fashion. You're just perverse when it comes to PW. :devil:

One of the dictionary definitions of perverse is:

resistant to guidance or discipline

That's me :D I certainly won't be guided or disciplined in relation to a certain pompous bald Technomage! :devil:

Also, Harrison Ford delivered them very well. I don't know, there's just something about his voice, and that situation. Great stuff.

And I felt that the voiceover gave the movie a sort of 30s film noire quality.

True. :)

Besides, in this case Demon, you and I aren't perverse, the other two are. They're reacting in a contrary fashion. You're just perverse when it comes to PW. :devil:

One of the dictionary definitions of perverse is:

"resistant to guidance or discipline"

I was going with:
<ul type="square">[*] willfully determined to not to do what is expected or desired; contrary.
[*] petulant, cranky.
[*] persistent or obstinate in what is wrong.
[*] turned away from what is right, good, or proper.
[/list]
:devil:

That's me :D I certainly won't be guided or disciplined in relation to a certain pompous bald Technomage! :devil:

You will come around. PW will just use the 14 words on you, to make you love him. :devil: :devil: :devil: Bwahahahahaha!

I was going with:
<ul type="square">[*] willfully determined to not to do what is expected or desired; contrary.
[*] petulant, cranky.
[/list]

That's me! All of the above :D :devil:

You will come around. PW will just use the 14 words on you, to make you love him. :devil: :devil: :devil: Bwahahahahaha!

Oh God did you have to say that when I'd just eaten? Typical pompous verbosity. I could say everything I needed to him in only two words :devil:

I was going with:
[*] petulant, cranky.
[/list]

That's me! All of the above :D :devil:

Oh God did you have to say that when I'd just eaten? Typical pompous verbosity. I could say everything I needed to him in only two words :devil:

Chuck, can I get an F. Yes there's 3 of them. :p

Demon, you protest too much.

These are some of the most special moments for me in sci fi (series/films) :

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - The infamous lightsaber-duel between Luke and Darth Vader with the Emperor in the background watching .. Oh man, I get the shivers every time I watch that scene, perhaps the Star Wars' saga's finest moment in my view ;)

Farscape: final episode season 4 .. John and Aeryn together in the boat, just before being "zapped" ... oh god, unashamed tears of joy were running down my face as I watched that scene ... (I know, I am a softie .. ;) )

And as for tears, Babylon : Sleeping in Light .. Sheridan leaving Delenn in the end .. need I say more .. hurts just the same every time I watch that scene, almost unbearable ... but at the same time a beautiful moment shared with the viewer .. a beautiful moment of sadness and loss .. :( Of course, many other great moments in B5, a fantastic series! ;)

Other scenes I remember well are:

Aliens : "Eat this!" The Michael Biehn-character shoves the shotgun into the Alien-mouth and pulls the trigger .. always loved that scene :D

Blade Runner : the aforementioned "Time to die"-scene with Rutger Hauer's character .. very emotional moment that you remember long after watching the film .. :)

Close Encounters of the Third Kind : the Mothership arrives and lands in front of the stunned people gathered at the plateau -> communication through musical tones-> the Mothership opens and small aliens come out .. one of sci fi's greatest moments I think .. visually stunning, unforgettable scene for me .. ;)

E.T. The Extra Terrestrial : the scene just before E.T departs from Earth in the spaceship, when he talks with the little boy .. one of several magical moments in that great movie .. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back