• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Londo's Best Quotes

Truth_Seeker

Regular
I decided to post this thread because Londo is a very interesting chracter who can make you laugh in the beginning of an episode and make you despise him at the end.He changes very much troughout the series but he never loses his sense of homour.These are some of my favourites:

“But this .. this, this, this is like being nibbled to death by .. what are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet .. go 'quack'?"
"Cats."
"Cats. I'm being nibbled to death by cats."

"Love?! What does love have to do with marriage?"

"Now, listen to me. I do not like insects. I do not like little brown things with eight legs. I do not like anything with eight legs. Well, except for the Vinzini, but only because they are terrible at cards. Something to do with compound eyes, I think. I want this thing dead!

Last edited:
As per my screenname: "You have that vacant look in your eyes that says, 'Hold my head to your ear: you will hear the sea!'"

Yes, he had some of the best single quotes in the series. I'm not going to look anything up to get it verbatim, but there is always the popular "... in purple I am STUNNING" quote.

And his quoting of his father whose shoes were too tight, but it didn't matter because he's forgotten how to dance.

And the rather sad, reflective 'when I had not power, I had all the choices in the world. Now I have all the power I could ever want, and no choices at all'.

As I said, rough quotes. I'll leave it to the hard-core fans to find exact quotations, if anyone cares to.

And many, many more. If people take notice of this thread, I'm sure you'll be reminded of some real gems. :)

"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve!"

Oh, my favorite of all is "What do you want, you moon faced assassin of joy?" And that's how we met Vir...

It has been too long, time to dig out the episodes and watch again.

Forget Byron- Remember Lyta!

"Vir! Intelligence has nothing to do with politics."

"If you see anything this big with eight legs coming your way, let me know. I have to kill it before it develops language skills."

"I'm not sure that actually made sense, but I'm afraid that if I go back and try to figure it out, I will start bleeding from my ears."

"Now I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It's a terrible responsibility, but I have learned to live with it."

"I suppose there will be a war now,hmm?All that running around and shooting at one another.You would've thought sooner or later it would go out of fashion."

The intelligence/politics one Ninja Squirrel posted is one of my favorites.

I also like "Vir, you aren't important enough to kill!"

One of my favorites is from "A View from the Gallery":

The universe hates me, you know. I
don't know why, I never did anything
to the universe to --
(off G'kar's look)
-- well, all right, a few things.
But after a while, you would think
it would be enough.

Jan

That is one of my favorites Jan. Almost forgot that one. I might be wrong on this quote. Heck it may be from a different character on B5. But one of my favorites was when I think it was Londo to Vir. " Only age understands regret." If I am wrong, someone out there please correct me.

thanks
dennis

I use this quote as a sig line on all e-mails that I send out:

"Everybody's cute. But in purple, I am stunning!"

:D

Loads of cool Londo quotes!

"...almost instantaneous."
"Almost? How long is almost? Long enough for him to stagger back into the court room and shout 'Londo killed me!'?... or maybe just long enough to say Londo killed.. urgh..."

"Do not get delusions of grandieur [captain], YOU will not survive them"

"Tired? Of course not, don't be absurd. The Emperor himself said I would only be allowed to leave over his dead body. I said: 'Well, how strange, Mr. Allan said I would only be allowed back on to Babylon 5 over his dead body.' With my very busy schedule I can only accomodate so many requests. I know it's a burden, but you will simply have to wait your turn."

"Vir! What are you doing?"
"Why, I'm being efficient, sir."
"A few more like you, Vir, and the entire Centauri Republic will efficient itself to extinction."

Some more gems;):

"If you ask me, I know the real problem. Ever since the Earthers put Narns on their security force, everything here has gone to hell. They're not very efficient, you know. You have to keep an eye on them at all times."

"If the Narns all stood together in one place and hated, all at the same time, that hatred could fly across dozens of light-years and reduce Centauri Prime to a ball of ash. That's how much they hate us."

"When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean: 'Oh, I think it's a little chilly in here, perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed.' No, I said it was cold! As in: 'Oh, look, my left arm has snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor.' This is highly inappropriate, Captain."

Londo had some stunning lines, didn't he? :)

"Fools to the left of me, feeders to the right... I need to find a real job."

"Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you!"

"Six months ago hardly anyone knew my name. Now everyone wants to be my friend. I wanted respect. Instead I have become a wishing well with legs."

"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics."

I had to include my favorite Londo/G'Kar interaction:

"There, you see! I'm going to live."
"So it would seem. Well, it's an imperfect universe."
"Bastard."
"Monster."
"Fanatic."
"Murderer."
"You are insane!"
"And that is why we'll win."
"Go be the ambassador to Babylon 5 they say. Will be an *easy* assignment. Ah, I hate my life."
"So do I."
"Shut up!"

"I only hope when it is my time, I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes at the end."

The whole speech brings me to tears every time.

This is my number one favorite quote from Londo...

"Suddenly, I looked up and this beautiful dancer is leaning down over the stage, and looking right into my eyes. And she said: 'Whatever it is, it can't be that bad.' And then she kissed me, right here. Mr. Garibaldi. Whatever it is, it can't be that bad!"

That's applied to my life. Whenever I have hard day, it can't be that bad. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back