• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS Petitions to be Doctor Who Showrunner

As a fan of B5, of course I would say 'Absolutely!'

But has there ever been an American showrunner of Doctor Who before?

As a fan of B5, of course I would say 'Absolutely!'

But has there ever been an American showrunner of Doctor Who before?

I've heard that a Canadian is who 'invented' Who but I don't really know if that's a fact.

While Sydney Newman may have created Doctor Who, it was Verity Lambert who ran the show during the initial years. And of course it was Terry Nation who created The Daleks, and he was Welsh.

Still, Canadian doesn't count because it's still part of the Commonwealth. I'm curious about any American showrunners. Not to disparage, I'm just genuinely curious.

I know in the mid-90's when they were trying to revitalize the series with 8th Doctor Paul McGann, it was broadcast on FOX and even had Eric Roberts as The Master.

Last edited:
I've forgotten a lot of the history around classic Dr. Who. But I'd think they never had a show runner from the USA. But I would add that more and more projects are being made jointly between the U.K. and USA these days. So, who knows?

Great way to generate a bit of publicity, but that definitely isn't ever going to happen.

I'm sorry I am missing out on the 1963 reference. BUT I don't think JMS is involved in a Friends reboot. At least I hope he isn't. :rolleyes: :LOL:

I'm sorry I am missing out on the 1963 reference. BUT I don't think JMS is involved in a Friends reboot. At least I hope he isn't. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Did you guys not see the 'Central Perk' tier on JMS new Patreon tiers?

Seems legit.

I am also waiting for JMS new spiritual guidance, cooking and meditation events for a LOW LOW monthly fee. :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

Doctor Who first aired on November 23, 1963.

Yes I know that, but........

So what is it that's been on TV since 1963 if not Doctor Who?

I read that as you were inferring a clue that was making people think it was Doctor Who is that 1963 had been mentioned somewhere, so I was confused - which is not a difficult thing to do. ;)

Doctor Who first aired on November 23, 1963.

Yes I know that, but........

So what is it that's been on TV since 1963 if not Doctor Who?

I read that as you were inferring a clue that was making people think it was Doctor Who is that 1963 had been mentioned somewhere, so I was confused - which is not a difficult thing to do. ;)

Welp, my brain just went pop. If anyone needs me I'll be in the commissary with Mrs. Whipplemoose.

Latest posts

Members online

Back