• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Game of Thrones, HBO series

I admit, it is hard to follow all but the main flow of the story. I have no idea what you folks are talking about. But I also missed two episodes, or one and a part.

I have to try and rewatch it from the start, I guess, if I'm to give it a real chance. I wonder if HBO will show it again from the start soon.

hypatia, if you have HBO, you probably also have HBO OnDemand, in which case you can see the previous episodes whenever you want to. Check out your remote and see if you have an OnDemand button, or look on your Guide or Menu sections!

I have heard of the "On Demand" feature. I'll check to see if we have that in my little, backwater of a town. Thanks! :)

I see already I'll have to call the cable company. The "On demand" button only changed my channel to my all-time favorite channel....

the golf channel? :wtf:

Weird. I thought the rule with most cable systems is that if you have a premium channel, you have access to that premium channel's OnDemand offerings... You should call your cable company, definitely: it could just be an error of programming and they only need to flip a switch at the central office...

I have heard of the "On Demand" feature. I'll check to see if we have that in my little, backwater of a town. Thanks! :)

I see already I'll have to call the cable company. The "On demand" button only changed my channel to my all-time favorite channel....

the golf channel? :wtf:
My On Demand is activated either by the "ON DEMAND" button, or by changing channel to Channel 1. Might want to try changing channel to CH 1

Channel 1 didn't work, I may call the cable company. But so many features are new and/or attached to digital, it may be such services are available where I live. I also cannot order "Pay Per View" without calling the company, and that's a major hassle on the weekends.

Three times I've been told that the local cable company could help me with that problem, and it's simply not true. The technology investment was never made in an area this small.

Channel 1 didn't work, I may call the cable company. But so many features are new and/or attached to digital, it may be such services are available where I live. I also cannot order "Pay Per View" without calling the company, and that's a major hassle on the weekends.

Three times I've been told that the local cable company could help me with that problem, and it's simply not true. The technology investment was never made in an area this small.
Yea, you'll definitely want to call them. Sounds like, either they may not be set up in your area, or perhaps it's in a transitional state of being prepared?

Hee hee, that's what they say. We've been in a "transitional phase" (to HD) for at least three years, now. Last time I was at the office I asked them if that was really ever going to happen. They admitted they didn't know.

Truthfully, if I could get high-quality internet without too many long service interruptions, I'd think about trying satellite. I suspect the satellite signals would easily reach my street. I just hear their internet never quite measures up to cable's.

The ending was rather great, just as in the book! Fantastic stuff with another season to come. Looking forward to the fifth book next month.

Ooooooh. He's definitely got the look. I only saw him as the Doctor, though, so my mental image of him is always whimsical, not iron-grim.

I did wonder (with the offing of Sean Bean's Ned and Mark Addy's Robert) if they'd get another big name to play Stannis.

lol no, as Mellisandre. Could be fan conjecture though.

Ecclestone would nail Stannis, emotionless but driven by a deep inner sense of righteousness. He played a great John Lennon recently, and has also played Jesus and the evil arms dealer Destro in GI Joe.

The man has range.

http://blastr.com/2011/06/rumor-of-the-day-game-of.php

James Purfroy and Gerard Butler are also mentioned, I could see other roles for the two of them down the line.

Also so excited about book 5. I've actually booked a day off work to pick it up and read it ...

Last edited:
Not emotionless but sort of emotionally strangled, I think. I reread the books this past month and loved how Renly eating a peach sort of became an obsession for Stannis...

I've ordered the book and I'm hoping it comes the day after it's released (when I'll be at home) as opposed to when it's likely to come (when I'm gone for the weekend). But my housemates will enjoy it if I'm gone.

Seems -- but I bet the actor who plays the Hound isn't actually horribly burned on the face.

And Martin praises her pretty highly in that link.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back