• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Doctor Who - Season 3 [spoilers]

Which Rose opened at the end of S1 (I always assumed the Eye of Harmony and the Heart of the Tardis were one and the same...)

The Master has been killed many times before, being swallowed by the Eye of the Tardis might even be beneficial to the Master, giving him new knowledge and power (Does Canon give credence to the Paul McGann movie since it messed with some established stuff?).

When did Romana become President of Galifrey? Was that an Audio drama or Book? Peter Davison at the end of the 5 Doctors and Colin Baker at the end of the Trial of a Timelord were re-appointed President. I thought David Tennant's comment early in S2 revival that he was President meant he still was officially with someone else filling his shoes "while he was away travelling in his Tardis"?

The Master has been killed many times before, being swallowed by the Eye of the Tardis might even be beneficial to the Master, giving him new knowledge and power (Does Canon give credence to the Paul McGann movie since it messed with some established stuff?).

To my knowledge, which isn't encyclopaedic, the 1996 TVM is the only occasion on which the Eye of Harmony has resided in the TARDIS with the Doctor ... the heart of the TARDIS is (I believe) something else entirely.

The Master has previously tried to gain access to the Eye of Harmony in order to get access to a new cycle of regenerations ... having used up all of his ... so being swallowed up by it may not necessarily be his end.

And the TVM is certainly considered canon to the extent that Paul McGann is officially considered to be the 8th Doctor.

IIRC, there is one thing about the TV movie that has officially been de-canonified - that the doctor is half-human.

What were your feelings about that Chilli as a matter of interest?

I thought it was completely stupid - it just made no sense in connection with the previous seven incarnations of the doctor, and just seemed there to make him more likable or something .. because someone in some ways human is obviously more likable than someone entirely alien.

I honestly don't know if that was the intention, or if it was considered necessary to appeal to the American market (the TV movie in general was just so .. American. Which makes it very .. non-DW), but considering how out of nowhere it came, I do have to speculate. Or if they were trying to make him "like Spock" or something. Which still seems stupid to me - and I'm Spock's ultimate fanboy.

I also agree, it was a toss idea. Glad its gone.

I too didn't like they made him half human, but, isn't there some canon somewhere that makes Susan part Human, meaning she got her Hman from somewhere.

So Romana would've been President and on Gallifrey when the Time War hit, eh? Too bad, since we are getting close to the Dr's last regeneration (He's on his 9th Regen/10th life, and the last one, the Valleyard is evil, so they can only regen him twice more, or come up with something creative) I was hoping that one day she might take over the Dr. Who universe.

That's ok... many people are highly skeptical as to whether such a thing as a Richard Dawkins actually exists. :)

It's just a bit of a joke based on something I heard about.

Several people who have got tired of him banging his drum about his pet hate, and have turned the tables on him by making him the subject of an existence debate. It is of course meant in jest, but with a serious point.

Back on topic and it's possible that the football could knock Doctor Who back a week, so Wigan need to soundly beat Manchester United (their worm never dies) within the allotted 90 minutes.

Hmm, I need my Who fix this weekend.

You'll get it in some form. If it overruns, then BBC3 will show the christmas Invasion instead of Doctor Who Confidential... and then when the episode is supposed to be repeated, another episode shall be shown instead.

I think to avoid all confusion, it would be much much better and easier for everyone if United just played good little doggies, rolled over and died.

Lets hope the Hornets pull of a great sting!

For the first time ever, I am partisan in British football. Well, kind of. I want someone to smash someone, don't particularily care who is on what side though :p

the forthcoming episode on bbc one tommorow may be cancelled due to the fa cup semi final match between mutd v watford (if extra time is played)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back