• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Doctor Who - Season 3 [spoilers]

Chilli

High Treason Prevention Officer
So,

How many of the Brits - or cheaters :p - watching?

One episode in, I'm positively surprised this far. I generally liked season 1 of the new show, and generally disliked season 2 of the show, as I just couldn't stand the "chemistry" Tennant and Piper had (found it reminiscant of hormon-ridden school kids - yeaargh!) .. but, though I would have prfered if Catharine Tate/Donna had stayed along from the Runaway Bride, I do much prefer Martha - I do hope she keeps her no-shit attitude towards the doctor. It reminds me a bit of Romana I and the fourth doctor, which I also thought was a good pairing.

One question though .. can they honestly not afford a science advisor? :p .. we're going to fry earth, from the moon, with a standard hospital MRI scanner, operating on a hospital power generator. Yeah. Right. :p .. if I'm ever bored when at one of my universities - the medical universities - I might just pop over to the hospital and fry the planet.

Not to mention gravity .. :eek:

Spoilers

According to the Doctor Who Confidential programme it is going to be unrequited love. She loves him but he thinks of her as a friend.

Not to mention gravity .. :eek:

I hadn't thought of the gravity. I usually pick up on those things. How much less is the moon's gravity than Earth?

Martha doesn't look too bad, just as long as they don't go back to her family too often. I don't watch Eastenders, so don't want it in Dr Who.

I might be going crazy, but I thought I saw Jason Carter in the background. :LOL: Must go back and check the episode.

I did not notice anyone Jason Carter-like :D

Gravity on the moon is about 1/6th of gravity on earth. The whole corridor running scenes would have looked .. different :D

Of course, they couldn't have realistically made it look moon-like, but I was expecting .. at least a line :D .. of the Judoon compensating the gravity, or something. Whatever. :D

As for Martha's family .. I didn't mind it in this episode, as it served the purpose of showing just why she wants to LEAVE those crazy buggers. I could live without the return of those plot lines though - hello, space and time machine? :eek:

Martha doesn't look too bad, just as long as they don't go back to her family too often. I don't watch Eastenders, so don't want it in Dr Who.

Good catch. The Sun has been heavily supporting Dr Who so we are stuck with Eastenders filmed in Wales.

Agreed, but that whole sequence was so obviously done as a pastiche of Eastenders. Its almost as if the Dr wonders into our usual normal dreary TV of people screaming at each other for no reason, and takes Martha (and thus the viewers) into something much more exciting and enjoyable. I loved that bit.

lets face it, recomissioning Dr Who (one of its oldest shows) has been the only vaguely creative decision its made in years. Only it can save us from DIY, house hunting and crass melodramatic soaps. That and bit-torrent...

Last edited:
Googling revealed that nothing is formal yet, but they expect a delay of something like 4 months.

Where's the Doctor's head at? Martha totally owns Rose anyday!

As an Alcestrian, I never thought I'd say this... but Shakespeare knows what he is talking about... at least in respect of recognising beauty and character.

We find out what the last four words of the Face of Bo are next week... most people I know are guessing "You are not alone." Or something similar, that hints at the survival of (an)other Timelord(s).

Derek Jacobi has an interesting role coming up. He plays a character called "The Professor". The Doctor was once known by that pseudonym... to his assistant "Ace". I doubt he is the Doctor in the future, but I suspect he might have a connection to the Timelords.

I'm also looking forward to finding out exactly how The Doctor honked off Queen Elizabeth I.

Last edited:
Flip! I just read a majorly heavy rumour on Wikipedia about Jacobi's character. OK it sourced the Sun... but there's just enough weight in the theory based on tidbits we know, to imply there is at least an element of truth in it.

Well certianly don't repeat it here!:eek:

Not that I believe the Sun, but I don't want to be spoiled by anything.

We might not see the Doc and Liz I on screen, but it would make an interesting book.

Was never going to repeat it. Fret not. It's big though!

I think we may well see the resolution of the QE1 plotline. RTD has actually got a good habit of tying things like that up.

I think we may well see the resolution of the QE1 plotline. RTD has actually got a good habit of tying things like that up.

The resolution may be in Season 4.

It looks like Martha falls in love with The Doctor but he sees her as only a friend.

Not that I believe the Sun, but I don't want to be spoiled by anything.

According to the weird and wonderful bunch over on Outpost Gallifrey, The Sun's spoilers have generally proved to be true over the last couple of seasons. Wouldn't know ... don't read it myself.

:D

Where's the Doctor's head at? Martha totally owns Rose anyday!

As an Alcestrian, I never thought I'd say this... but Shakespeare knows what he is talking about... at least in respect of recognising beauty and character.

We find out what the last four words of the Face of Bo are next week... most people I know are guessing "You are not alone." Or something similar, that hints at the survival of (an)other Timelord(s).

Derek Jacobi has an interesting role coming up. He plays a character called "The Professor". The Doctor was once known by that pseudonym... to his assistant "Ace". I doubt he is the Doctor in the future, but I suspect he might have a connection to the Timelords.

I'm also looking forward to finding out exactly how The Doctor honked off Queen Elizabeth I.

Well, Romana went to E-Space, The Master could still be out there, and of course the Rani, so it really is strange to believe the Doctor is absolutely the last time lord in existence.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back