• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

RIP Doug Netter

Jan

Regular
John Copeland posted this to his Facebook page this morning:

John Copeland said:
I have some sad news to share with all of you Babylon 5 fans out there. Doug Netter, our fearless leader and executive producer of B5 has passed away and gone beyond the Rim. Doug lived a long an full life and was a driving force behind the series. It was thanks to Doug's tireless efforts that ensured that B5 got a fifth season, even though it meant moving to TNT. He didn't have much give up in him. He was a terrific cheerleader for those who worked with him and he a never afraid to learn new things. It was in large part to his enthusiasm that B5 even made it to the screen.

So far I haven't seen anything in Variety or the Hollywood Reporter but I'm pretty sure Mr. Copeland's a reliable source.

RIP Mr. Netter, and thanks for all you did.

That is sad news. Luckily, his memory will forever live on through one of the greatest television shows of all time.

That is sad news. Luckily, his memory will forever live on through one of the greatest television shows of all time.

Amen to that. Like I said over on JMS News. 95 is a ripe old age, but I am REALLY sad I'll never get a chance to have a conversation with him about Babylon 5. :(

That is sad news. It doesn't matter that he was quite old when he died. It is just one more death in a long line of people from our beloved series that has passed, mostly WAY too soon.

I didn't find any "news" sites with information on his death, but here is something from legacy.com.

RIP, President Netter.

I didn't find any "news" sites with information on his death, but here is something from legacy.com.

RIP, President Netter.

John Copeland posted this:
John Copeland
May 15 at 8:41am ·
Many of you asked for me to let you know about a memorial or life celebration for Doug Netter. There are no plans for any. Doug was a very private person and the family decided that was the best way to honor him.
I suggest you enjoy the memories you may have and lift a glass in his honor. And if it is a vodka martini with at least three olives, Doug will be smiling.

Latest posts

Members online

Back