• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

special Guest Star - ...........

Karajorma

Regular
One thing I have noticed about CW TV shows like Flash and Supergirl is that they have a habit of casting people who have played characters in earlier films and TV shows in related roles on their shows. Getting Helen Slater who was Supergirl in the 1984 film to play Supergirl's mother in the new series for instance. Or getting Kevin Conroy to play Bruce Wayne.

So who might be available to return and in what sort of role? Obviously Bruce Boxleitner could play the new Sheridan's dad. Although I'd probably want to see him as a more grizzled veteran of the Dilgar Wars (or whatever equivalent the new show has).

Claudia Christian said when the news first broke out that JMS kept them in the loop because he wanted them involved in the show, but they have no idea as to what capacity as of yet. So quite possibly in the very same capacity as you've pointed out.

I guess some of the actors could still play their characters? Claudia Christian could play an older General Ivanova, Bill Mumy could probably still play Lennier, and so on. Of course, they might want to play new characters rather than retread old ground.

I just hope they are not random guests of the week, but critical characters like John Wesley Shipp on THE FLASH. They used him twice as different critical characters, but one of those involved a multi-verse situation. ;)

I for once liked Lyta way more than Winters, and Iwas really glad when she returned. So I'd totally love that ^^

But I don't think that JMS would use the same characters, except if he really would let the new show take place 20 years after the first (shouldn't that be "take time?"?). So the B5O was the first 5 years of B5 and B5R would be the last 5 years.

If instead he has a new take on the original story, I don't think he'll use any of the old characters but the old league as special guests. Bruce Boxleitner should play something with heavy makeup to in my opinion, just out of respect for Mira and Bill ^^

I think the "new take on the original story" is the more likely scenario, as he mentioned in one of his commentary viewing that there's nearly no scene he would do different nowadays. So The reboot would give him the chance to do that...

I for once liked Lyta way more than Winters, and Iwas really glad when she returned. So I'd totally love that ^^

If instead he has a new take on the original story, I don't think he'll use any of the old characters but the old league as special guests. Bruce Boxleitner should play something with heavy makeup to in my opinion, just out of respect for Mira and Bill ^^

Lyta/Talia/Lyta was a great example of JMS using his Trap Doors, and hopefully with a reboot he wouldn't have to use them as often as in the original series.

As JMS once referenced that IF a Brady Bunch movie could be made, should be possible for a B5 movie as well... in the Brady Bunch movie Florence Henderson was cast as their grandmother - therefore should be possible for original B5 actors to appear in a rebooted B5 universe as different characters. :)

The other thing is that there were several actors that were in makeup the entire time that could now play without it, and vice/versa. Claudia Christian as a Minbari, Bruce Boxleitner as a Narn... the possibilities are endless.

The other thing is that there were several actors that were in makeup the entire time that could now play without it, and vice/versa. Claudia Christian as a Minbari, Bruce Boxleitner as a Narn... the possibilities are endless.

Well, if Claudia could be God playing Ivanova then she could be Valeria if she were playing a Minbari :LOL:

Well, if Claudia could be God playing Ivanova then she could be Valeria if she were playing a Minbari :LOL:

Or Ironhart, that's pretty close to godhood, I'd say. From latent telepath to godlike telepath. What an arc ^^

Tom Zarek on the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica leaps to mind -- a character far enough away from the actor's original role.

But heh, we've already got a B5 precedent for that, don't we? Koenig as Bester. I'm calling it now -- one of our beloved original cast will play a recurring villain!

Although I'd love to see some guest appearances from the original series, I really just want to see what an alternate universe's Babylon 5 would be like. I want to be surprised.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back