• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Game of Thrones, HBO series

SO... I picked up the first book. Not too far in yet but I gotta say the switching back and forth between characters isn't really bothering me & I normaly hate that.

As far as the show goes I'm gonna probably have to wait for DVD to watch it...

SO... I picked up the first book. Not too far in yet but I gotta say the switching back and forth between characters isn't really bothering me & I normaly hate that.

Its used heavily in modern genre fiction and Martin is acknowledged as a master of it. He uses it to create high levels of suspense in later books. You may find it infuriating down the line. Its the reason I read these books at x2 the pace of anything else.

So... however long ago this was I bought the 1st 3 books and after book 1 proceeded to only read Jon Snow chapters. I had planned on going back and rereading everything when somebody told me what happened with Jon at the end of the last book... so, I stopped reading, and did not bother getting into the show.

Years later... somebody at work asked me if I watch GoT, and I told him why I don't. The conversation had taken place after season 5... so then after season 6 started the guy from work told me about how somebody was not dead and then I binge watched all 6 seasons... and I want a dragon.

Season 7 starts in July folks...

I never did see Season 2 of the show, due to my HBO connection (i.e. my buddies) moving out of town. I did eventually get some of Season 3, so I think the last thing I saw was the Red Wedding. This means -- as I pointed out to a buddy -- that people who only came in with the series got the answer to "Who are Jon's parents?" before I did, despite me waiting on that answer for… 18 years?

I dunno. I got a little disenchanted with this series… I even sold my books when I had to move.

I love it. My mother loves it. My father loves it. My cousins love it. My aunt loves it. Most of my friends love it. Having said all this only a few of my friends have read the books, but they love the show and the books. I've never read the books. I have read most of the first book, but like most books I read I put it down once, get busy, and never pick them up again. Can't wait for July. :thumbsup:

I just want to see an official reversed House Stark banner for Jon somewhere... then I can wait patiently to watch.

So my mother just found out her husband canceled HBO. He tried to use them getting Netflix as an excuse and told her she would have to wait and watch it on there. As you can imagine his ignorance was not an adequate defense. :LOL: :rolleyes: :LOL:

She can watch scenes on Youtube... for FREE. It just gets confusing because you don't know what order anything is in. I'm a pirate GoT watcher... aarrr.

HA! You should see how she reacted when the trailer came out. She knows I won't watch it and I can tell she is just waiting for me to leave to watch it herself. :LOL:

I'm hoping a Dragon drops on the palace, then roasts, and eats Queen Cersei while she's sitting on the Iron Throne... and yes, the D in "Dragon" should ALWAYS be capitalized. We must not upset or offend them.

Last edited:
So I'm pumped for G oT... I just bought a house, got a 55" TV, Cable, & free HBO for 3 months. I feel like a snail somebody threw on a calendar... I'm slowly going for Sunday.

So I'm pumped for G oT... I just bought a house, got a 55" TV, Cable, & free HBO for 3 months. I feel like a snail somebody threw on a calendar... I'm slowly going for Sunday.

It's last season in a new house with a new big-screen t.v. Nice! :cool:

Last 2 seasons... ;)

Well I am VERY glad I got my Season 6 re-watch done in time. My mom and my aunt did not, so they say they were very lost on what was going on with whom. I loved episode one and I can't wait for more. I really don't like this system. Get a few episodes over several weeks then wait a year - actually more than a year this time.

My complaints about the episode are few. The one that has nothing to do with spoilers is that I really wish they did a better job with passage of time, which I've been complaining about since day one. Some transitions seem so all over the place. It would just be nice if we were told this part was two weeks later and this part is nearly a year later or whatever because some things that happen couldn't possibly happen as quickly as they seem to be happening. I guess they know they would screw it up and get called on it if they got more specific. :rolleyes:

I'm with you on it being hard to determine the passages of time. At times it's really hard to distinguish.

Overall though, a nice start to the season!

I am late to the Game of Thrones, actually. The quality of the writing surprised me. HBO usually gets great actors, but sometimes their writing is not appealing to me. But it really is well written.

Well... I enjoyed ep 2 more than 1, it's starting to pick up. They make you wait however long and then I was disappointed with ep 1.

Well... I enjoyed ep 2 more than 1, it's starting to pick up. They make you wait however long and then I was disappointed with ep 1.

OH WOW! I am about to go watch episode 2. I can't wait to see it since you think 1 was a disappointment. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back