View Single Post
Old January 26th 21, 00:53   #14
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: In Memory Still Bright: Mira Furlan

The inimitable John Hudgens has posted a memorial video for Mira Furlan:

Quote:
This wasn’t supposed to be made for years, if not decades.
Mira Furlan was not just a TV star to me - she was my friend. We’d always meet up for dinner or lunch when I was in LA, or if we appeared at a convention together - we even acted onstage together once. She’d joked with me about what kind of memorial I’d eventually do for her, and I always deflected, assuming that day was a long way off, if ever.
And so here we are today. My friend is gone. Within hours of the news, I was already getting messages asking, demanding I do another. It hurt too much - I wasn’t going to do it.
And then…. a random track played on my iPod’s soundtrack shuffle, and I started seeing connections, using that track. And then spent almost the entire weekend at my edit system.
We loved you, Mira. Your laugh, that smile that could light up a city - I’ll always miss you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKQ-...N9UDsPXIZz8NmM
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote