• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Best Guest Characters in B5!

Truth_Seeker

Regular
I thought that we should have this thread too and remember the most memorable guest characters in the series.

How about the man who believed he was King Arthur in "A Late Delivery From Avalon" played by Michael York?

Or the Head of the Night Watch Mr. Welles.I think that this character was not used enough and it would have been interesting to see him also in the third season.Besides John Vickery would have been a great villain.

Last edited:
As was mentioned in this thread's brother thread, Brad Douriff. I know, I know, some people most likely hate that episode, but it's my all-time favorite of the series.

And of course the man who played The Inquisitor. Who came back as Lorien. Lorien I wasn't so excited about, but The Inquisitor chills me to this day, just to think about.

Wayne Alexander. He also played at the very least a Narn (during G'Kar's visit to Narn in Season 3 I think) and a Drazi (ironically during Sheridan's later inquisition)

As was mentioned in this thread's brother thread, Brad Douriff. I know, I know, some people most likely hate that episode, but it's my all-time favorite of the series.

Brad Dourif is awesome, and that episode is quite choice. The only problem with Dourif is that I so associate him with Deadwood now that every time I see him in something I think of him as the doctor.

Wayne Alexander would be my man, he was downright awesome every time he was on the screen. Whether it was as a Drakh, Lorien, the Inquisitor, a Narn, a Drazi, he always delivered.

Louis Turenne was also quite good, he was much better as Draal than the new Draal, but at least that meant he could play Brother Theo.

Ta'Lon was sharp. G'Sten formidable. Na'Far really carried his weight.

But i think my favourite character of all was Emperor Cartagia. I may drink out of fancy glasses but i don't get to do it in the company of severed heads.

Lord Kiro In "Signs & Portents" (S1). They made him one of the most fabulous coats i've ever seen. Black with much silver embroidery. Even his hair was a little different for Centauri in that the fan was straight up, not angled back. Sure the character was a little feeble, but oh well.

Does Cartagia count? He was on for half a dozen eps straight. But no doubt I'm a fan.

Screw it- Ben Zayn is my answer for best AND worst one-off character.

SinCLLLAAIRRRR!

Dunno. Depends on what they meant when this thread was started. He WAS a guest Character. He was only in 5 episodes? Out of 110? But if this thread meant best guest characters who were only in ONE episode, then he doesn't count.

Best Cartagia scene- casually washing bloody hands while politely chatting to Londo and Vir about making G'Kar scream.
That dude was like something out of a Takeshi Miike movie.

I got a big grin out of June Lockhart in "Quality of Mercy". I still have no idea how they couldn't have her interact with Lennier in that episode though!

According to Mumy, they had planned a scene where the two of them pass in a corridor and there is a "half recognition moment". Unfortunately they never had chance to film it...or maybe they did and it got snipped.

According to Mumy, they had planned a scene where the two of them pass in a corridor and there is a "half recognition moment". Unfortunately they never had chance to film it...or maybe they did and it got snipped.

In the script book, JMS said that the scene where they pass in a hallway happened but it doesn't seem to have made it to the final episode.

Jan

That's too bad. I know in terms of the plot and the B5 universe, it wasn't important (and some would undoubtedly say it was forced and silly), but such touches are really nice for sci-fi fans. I still remember the airplane trip exchange on "Third Rock from the Sun" between John Lithgow and William Shatner. For fans of the original "Twilight Zone", it was an incredibly funny and precious moment. :LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back