• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Captain's back

Demon

Beyond the rim
The Captain\'s back

In a new series staring on TNT tomorrow night.

Wanted

Gary Cole (Gideon from Crusade) stars in this new series. If anyone in the US would be willing to record this for me, I'll happily pay costs, postage and something for your trouble! :D

Re: The Captain\'s back

I've been watching my Crusade DVD's. It's been kinda nice to see Gideon again. :D

In a new series starring on TNT tomorrow night.

Wanted

Gary Cole (Gideon from Crusade) stars in this new series. If anyone in the US would be willing to record this for me, I'll happily pay costs, postage and something for your trouble! :D

On TNT? T-N-Freaking-T??? ARGH!!!!!!

ps. I don't have cable anymore, so I can't get it for ya.

I know :( You might have thought he'd have reservations after the last time!

Thanks for the thought re the recording. I'll have to see if anyone has uploaded it on any torrent site.

Would he care? Jobs are not exactly easy to find in that business, especially these days.

And he did just recently do Brady Bunch 3, didn't he? Bradys in the WhiteHouse, or something.

And he did just recently do Brady Bunch 3, didn't he? Bradys in the WhiteHouse, or something.

That was about 2 years back, and yes, he works steadily, but Wanted is another potential series in which he has the lead, not just a guest star.

At least it's now obvious why Bingo Bob in West Wing suddenly got a lousy haircut :LOL:

That was about 2 years back, and yes, he works steadily, but Wanted is another potential series in which he has the lead, not just a guest star.

At least it's now obvious why Bingo Bob in West Wing suddenly got a lousy haircut :LOL:

Gosh, I had no idea it was actually done that long ago. I knew it was coming and was waiting to hear it had arrived, but, yea, it says 2002 on the IMDB list.

Would he know it was a TNT show before committing to it, though?

I imagine that knowing both the network and the studio would be common knowledge for an actor. What I think is less likely is that he woulde have known about most of the troubles JMS had with TNT Atlanta. I'm sure there were rumors when production shut down and all but I can't imagine that the cast and crew were privy to exactly why things went the way they did. Remember, JMS did his best to put a good face on all of it until it was irretrievable.

BTW, Demon, I caught most of the episode on Sunday. While GC is great and the characters are pretty good, I'm afraid the show was pretty forgetable. Unless you like the 'TNT touch' of the close-ups of stripper's buttocks, that is. Can we say 'formula'? Independent spirt leader of the unit (Gary Cole) who has personal problems, conflicts with bosses and gets saddled with the obligatory female on his team to strike conflict. Throw in some nudity and gon fights and mix well. Yawn...

Jan

Would he know it was a TNT show before committing to it, though?

I imagine that knowing both the network and the studio would be common knowledge for an actor. What I think is less likely is that he woulde have known about most of the troubles JMS had with TNT Atlanta. I'm sure there were rumors when production shut down and all but I can't imagine that the cast and crew were privy to exactly why things went the way they did. Remember, JMS did his best to put a good face on all of it until it was irretrievable.

Oh, they had to know that things were going to Hell in a handbasket.

Unless you like the 'TNT touch' of the close-ups of stripper's buttocks, that is.

I'd rather have close-ups of Gary Cole's buttocks :devil:

Can we say 'formula'? Independent spirt leader of the unit (Gary Cole) who has personal problems, conflicts with bosses and gets saddled with the obligatory female on his team to strike conflict. Throw in some nudity and gon fights and mix well. Yawn...

Jan

OK, now I've got thoughts of Gary's buttocks out of my mind, I can respond coherently to the rest of the post :D

Thanks for the review, Jan. I found this review quite interesting. Seems Harvey Birdman would be the better option for viewing :)

It's WAY too late for me to worry about that :D I've posted far worse comments on this board :eek:

It's WAY too late for me to worry about that :D I've posted far worse comments on this board :eek:

I feel your pain. My college years were one long exercise in making sure I could never hold elective office or be appointed to any job requiring the confirmation of the United States Senate. And that's all I have to say about that. ;)

Regards,

Joe

I feel your pain. My college years were one long exercise in making sure I could never hold elective office or be appointed to any job requiring the confirmation of the United States Senate. And that's all I have to say about that. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Ditto. :D And it sure was fun ;)

Same here! Luckily I got into med school before anyone was sober enough to talk!

Same here! Luckily I got into med school before anyone was sober enough to talk!

One of my former roomies is now a lawyer. I would never have pictured him in a courtroom - except maybe as a defendent.. Now I hear he's thinking about entering local politics in the town where he's living. So I guess there's still a chance. :D

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back